Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

New Login Method implemented during version upgrade Problems

• katcher01
  • katcher01's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #153523 by katcher01
We are currently running Limesurvey Version 2.05+ Build 140116. We are upgrading to the current version 2.6.4x.

Our current login uses a modified Authdap and single signon. Essentially, we do a token based auth and if true, query limesurvey to find user. If the user is not there, we query ldap to get basic user info and insert it into the limesurvey database.

The new version has this re-written using a custom auth plugin. Similar procedure. In both cases, direct login is hidden/forbidden.

I tried a dry run upgrade, following upgrade instructions and the db update worked perfectly. I was not however able to login as the newly installed authentication plugin was not enabled. Is there some way I can temporarily enable direct login with admin user so that I can enable the new method? Is there another way I can do this that I am not aware of? I was lucky enough to have the admin user logged in and I assume the cookie was saved allowing him to enable the plugin.

I will try it again and provide my step by step procedure and see if it works. I was hoping I could force the username/password login to log in as admin then make the necessary changes to the upgraded site.

Please advise

Eric
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by katcher01.
The topic has been locked.
  • katcher01
  • katcher01's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #153845 by katcher01
Logged in to existing installation as admin.
Ran upgrade - replaced files etc
Following upgrade message, I was able to navigate to the plugin page and enable the new custom Auth/enrol plugin. All seemed fine.

I guess the trick was being logged in as superadmin prior to running upgrade as I was unable to log in from login form.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose