Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Serious bug on 2.62.2 +170203 -- quick fix, or roll back to previous version?

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #148964 by DenisChenu
About diff to see the update : git have a better solution : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commits...er/templates/default ;)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.
  • oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #148966 by oleggorfinkel

DenisChenu wrote: About diff to see the update : git have a better solution : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commits...er/templates/default ;)

Yep, that'll do it...

By the way, I saw this in the log: "Fixed issue #11685: Survey header in mobile view breaking into next line".

Looks like this very issue was, in fact, addressed on Oct. 20, and clearly it had first appeared some time after mid-july (which is when I upgraded to 2.50+).

The lesson in all this is that updates to the default template are happening periodically, so you can't just assume that your custom templates will remain valid from one build to another (not to mention from one VERSION to another). As a result, for people who use customized templates, it should be standard procedure on any upgrade to verify that no "default" template changes have occurred, which can be done either through the commits log, or else, with diff (my preferred option). And in the future, It would be great to see some kind of an automated template update tool.

Thanks for all your help, and all the great work you do on this project!

Cheers,
Oleg.

Oleg G.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #149241 by DenisChenu
It's one of the reason why i added template-core package in LS 3/0/develop version : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...dc386a0a5ce9a6324f1b

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #149251 by oleggorfinkel

DenisChenu wrote: It's one of the reason why i added template-core package in LS 3/0/develop version : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...dc386a0a5ce9a6324f1b

Great! So, how will this change the upgrade procedure once the new version is out?

Oleg G.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #149252 by DenisChenu
I can't tell, because now , another dev add another system github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/tree/twig-layout

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose