Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Blocked Survey or not?

• cpinheiro
  • cpinheiro's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #137541 by cpinheiro
Blocked Survey or not? was created by cpinheiro
359Hi, i hope anyone can help me!

I'am not the survey administrator, but in the first day it was launch i could see it. Later that day i couldn't until more than a week later when i asked the survey administrator to give me access. I think that i was blocked, but i don't want to be unfair. Can this happen so many days because of an missing update?

Thank you
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #137553 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Blocked Survey or not?
Sorry, but it is not clear what you are talking about.

Are you trying to take a survey? Who is the survey admin? What are you trying to do? ...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• cpinheiro
More
7 years 10 months ago #137563 by cpinheiro
Replied by cpinheiro on topic Blocked Survey or not?
Hi, my workmate is the administrator of the survey. At first i was able to see the survey, then i was not able to see it anymore. I confront her with the situation and she said that she didn't blocked me the access. I didn't believe her.
I want to know what can cause this situation? Can a missing update be the cause of me not seeing the survey? Or the administrator have to block me, for me to stop seeing the survey?
  • holch
More
7 years 10 months ago #137568 by holch
Missing updates usually can't do that. Because if nothing is changed, nothing should change.

Now in theory an applied update can make modifications, that might be able to lead to something like that.

But it is almost impossible to tell you what happened there. The admin should have the power to take your rights to see a survey. But I guess you need to solve your internal problems, rather than Limesurvey problems... ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• cpinheiro
More
7 years 10 months ago #137571 by cpinheiro
1Thanks for your help. Is that what i am trying to do. I am trying to find out if i should apolygize to her or if i deserve one.
Was any update between 23 of may and 6 of jun? I had other survey s working fine in this period?

And thanks again. I just want to be fair.

Carla
  • cpinheiro
More
7 years 10 months ago #137572 by cpinheiro
Sorry for being boring. I just recently start to use lime survey. When this happen because of an update it does affect all my active surveys or can affect just one?

Thank you.
  • holch
More
7 years 10 months ago #137574 by holch
1. There is a slight possibility that this could happen because of an update, but it definitely shouldn't. I would consider it a bug, if this happens.
2. If it is a bug, it should most probably affect all your surveys.
3. Difficult to say who needs to appologize to whom. Just get the problem fixed and move on. I guess it is best for everone.
Uma boa noite!

• cpinheiro
More
7 years 10 months ago #137575 by cpinheiro
Thank you for your answers.
We will solve this and move on, for sure. Just wanted to understand better how it works.

And i like to work with lime survey. This was the first issue that i had, but between my surveys and the ones i have access they just six or seven. So i don't have much experience. Much to learn yet.

Positive points: i had to look for answers so i learn a lot.

Best wishes!
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 10 months ago #137585 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Blocked Survey or not?

holch wrote: 1. There is a slight possibility that this could happen because of an update, but it definitely shouldn't. I would consider it a bug, if this happens.
2. If it is a bug, it should most probably affect all your surveys.
3. Difficult to say who needs to appologize to whom. Just get the problem fixed and move on. I guess it is best for everone.
Uma boa noite!

Hi,

IO think there are some bug for non admin user in a precedent update. Last one must fix the issue (see the changelog)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • cpinheiro
More
7 years 10 months ago #137613 by cpinheiro
Hi Denis

And that would affect all the surveys that i don't admin or just this one? I will look the change log.
Thank you.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose