Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

New installation cannot login in Admin

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #132692 by Burt
G'day everyone.
I though that by installing the latest version of LS I would have got rid of my problem, but I was wrong. It is still there. It is not a problem of LS but when using LS with the Torch browser it doesn't let you log in unless you clear all browser cookies.

Since the installation of build 160228 it actually got worse as now after clearing the cookies, and re entering the username and password, I get a new error message:

Bad Request
The CSRF token could not be verified.
The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax. Please do not repeat the request without modifications.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
2016-03-05 12:37:18

then by clicking back and re-entering the username and password, I can finely get into the admin area.

My question is... Does anybody here has tested LS with Torch browser and if they have no problems what setting could I try to change in Torch to stop this from happening.
I don't have this problem when using IE or Mozilla FF, so I'm presuming is something in Torch and if it cant be fixed, I have no problem to change browser again...

Sorry, one more thing. After you have successfully enter the admin page, I can log in and log out as I pleased with no problems, as long as I don't close that browser page. If I open a new admin the cycle starts again.

Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Burt.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago #132722 by holch
Replied by holch on topic New installation cannot login in Admin
Now comes my question: Did you test on other machines or just on yours?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 1 month ago #132726 by Burt
Replied by Burt on topic New installation cannot login in Admin
I only have one computer :(

Also is anywhere to report other problems (possible bugs) for LS build 160228 without getting into github?

For instance while using IE 10 this is what it looks like in the general setting. I attached a jpg file to this post. Is missing Description, Welcome message and end message. Maybe with IE 12 is not a problem. I don't use IE so....

But if you think that it is my computer the problem, and LS is bugs free, don't worry about. I was just reporting here what I see on my own screen. That's all.

Thank you
  • tpartner
More
8 years 1 month ago #132730 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic New installation cannot login in Admin
I can reproduce the problem with the missing editors in IE10. Please file a bug report.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
8 years 1 month ago #132732 by Burt
No worries I just did.

I'm also having another problem with LS in that only allows me to enter two subquestions when I select Multiple Choice under Question type. To enter a third I got to click save as the little green button with the plus does stop working and the only way to continue to add another subquestion is to click on save. Is this how is supposed to work? I don't remember in my old LS having to do this to add subquestions...

This is happening under Torch and IE 10 browsers.

Thank you
  • holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #132738 by holch

But if you think that it is my computer the problem, and LS is bugs free, don't worry about. I was just reporting here what I see on my own screen. That's all.

LS 2.5 is definitely not bug free. I am just trying to narrow down, where the problem might be.

For the new problem: What is weird is also that the subquestion textbox for the second item is smaller than the first one.

What happens when you use the quick add function?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
8 years 1 month ago #132739 by Burt
When I use the quick add function is fine. But I don't really use that much as it required to enter both fields instead of just the answer.

I also just notice that this problem of only two answer mentioned above it also apply to "array" (all of them), not just the "Multiple Choice" as previously mention.

Finally when you are adding answers the spell-check does work (like right here now), but it stop working when you are editing or creating questions.

After you had the second answer it looks like half the page just stop responding and if you hover the little green + button it doesn't even show the tool-tip any more
I'm still thinking it is a browser compatibility issue. I'm using a variety of software and each one of them will have a glitch in one browser or another. I really though I was doing well with Torch but....I may go back to Chrome and see what's new.

None the less I never got the chance to say Thank You to everyone involved in the LS project. I use it a bit and really enjoy it. The new UI is so much faster and more user friendly...I miss the old colourful big fat icons, but it only took 10 minutes to learn the new structure and extra enhancements.

Well Done everyone.
  • holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #132753 by holch

Burt wrote: When I use the quick add function is fine. But I don't really use that much as it required to enter both fields instead of just the answer.

OK. But what do you mean with "both fields"? Answer code and answer text? This shouldn't be. Usually the quick add allows just to add a list of answers (text).

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #132895 by Burt

holch wrote:

Burt wrote: When I use the quick add function is fine. But I don't really use that much as it required to enter both fields instead of just the answer.

OK. But what do you mean with "both fields"? Answer code and answer text? This shouldn't be. Usually the quick add allows just to add a list of answers (text).

Hi holch

When I did try to use the quick add function it told me to use a comma as separator. So I did and when I finish and close the popup window it showed me the first item in the code and the second item in the answer and so forth to the last one.

None the less I just would like to confirmed that all issues listed by myself in this page are now gone with version 160308.

Unfortunately now I have the same problems listed HERE

Thanks everyone...
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Burt.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose