Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I display questions in Random order (yes - newb question - apologies...)

• DanConway
  • DanConway's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #131035 by DanConway
Hi Folks,

I am evaluating whether the platform will do what I need. I am a cog psych researcher interested in deploying experiments on-line (probably using Mechanical Turk as a recruiting tool).

Can I randomise questions within blocks? And also present blocks in a random order?

Ie:

Block 1: Question A, Question B, Question C.
Block 2: Question D, Question E, Question F.

Can I present these in such a way that 50% of participants are presented with Block A first, and 50% with block B first. And then within each block, the questions are presented in random order?

Thanks for any help with this,

Regards,

Dan.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 2 months ago #131067 by holch
[MOD: This is not an installation issue and I will move it to a better subforum. I guess "Can I do this with Limesurvey" would be best.]

What do you mean with "blocks"? "Question groups"?

Yes, you can randomize questions and you can randomize question groups.

For each question there is "randomization group" (this is different to question groups in LS). Give all questions that should be randomized the same randomization group name and they will be randomized among each other. They don't even need to be consecutive with this approach.

To randomize "blocks" you would need to put the questions from these "blocks" into different question groups. Then there you need to do the same as for questions. Give all question groups that shall be randomized among each other the same randomization group name and there you go.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose