Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Custom Limesurvey Themes 2.05+ don't work with Version 2.50+?

• LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #130886 by LouisGac
In 2.06 comfortUpdate, we only offer update to unstable 2.5 release candidate. So it's clear that it's not a production update.

The 2.5 release is available only via download and installation. If anyone use it to update its 2.06 installation, it means that he has the necessary skill to do it, and so to backup its previous 2.06 installation to restore it if necessary...

The admin templates are easy to change. You can even create a new one copying one of them into the right directory (upload...). Then just change the logo file by another one.

2.5 is modular. You'll have much more control on it.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 months ago #130887 by wrenchpilot
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
This "lack of communication" just completely destroyed my LimeSurvey installation. Regardless of how you think it's supposed to work, 2.5 was pushed out as a stable update. If you're going to start charging for updates, get it right. I'll be spending the next couple of hours fixing this major screw up. Thanks /s
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 2 months ago #130889 by holch
Yes, which is why I was looking forward to 2.5. It makes a lot of things write. But still, some information on what has changed and what might "break" would be good and we could avoid things like what wrenchpilot is reporting and will now come over us in the next few weaks in the forum. If we would have a post listing what isn't compatible with previous releases the job in the forum would be easy: "You should have read before you install"...

And of course wrenchpilot should have backed his old instalation up and he probably did, but it is still a lot of unnecessary work which we could have avoided with a few words on what can happen when you install 2.5. I never install completely new versions of the old one. I run them in parallel for a while. So I don't have to move surveys, new surveys are built on the new system.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
8 years 2 months ago #130890 by holch

wrenchpilot wrote: Regardless of how you think it's supposed to work, 2.5 was pushed out as a stable update. If you're going to start charging for updates, get it right.

Well, not sure what you mean. But for me, 2.5 is offered as an "unstable update" via ComfortUpdate, not as a stable one.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 2 months ago #130895 by wrenchpilot
Then something is wrong. I can only see 2.50 on your downloads page as the latest stable release, and 2.06+ isn't even listed in your archived releases....
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #130896 by LouisGac

wrenchpilot wrote: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
This "lack of communication" just completely destroyed my LimeSurvey installation. Regardless of how you think it's supposed to work, 2.5 was pushed out as a stable update. If you're going to start charging for updates, get it right. I'll be spending the next couple of hours fixing this major screw up. Thanks /s

2.5 has not been push as a stable update via comfortUpdate.
If you updated manually, following the manual, you should have first backup your previous installation.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by LouisGac.
More
8 years 2 months ago #130897 by Ben_V

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wrenchpilot, ervit
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 2 months ago #130924 by DenisChenu

LouisGac wrote: It should be possible to adapt old survey template with the new system without too much difficulties.

Maybe just have config.xml doc in manual ....

Without config.xml : broke page before (no css, no js), deactuvate after fixing.

@sternDesSuedens : maybe just try to copy a config.xml, and hack a little (remove some lines)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #130927 by LouisGac
well in fact, I added the XML configuration files to this 2.5 stable release on the base of a Mazi request : he wanted a way to deactivate Bootstrap for its template to work. Right now, I've been asked to do many things, so I don't have the time to push the 2.06 question types HTML to views (2-3 days of work I'd say). If someone in the community want to do it, it will be then easy to have an option '2.06 rendering' in the question advanced settings, and so, to have full retro-compatibility with 2.06 templates.

If someone want to do it, I can help giving indications and explanations.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by LouisGac.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 2 months ago #130935 by DenisChenu

LouisGac wrote: If someone want to do it, I can help giving indications and explanations.

Some information on config.xml :
What options, where it's used for example.

Then i can make a "default config.xml" if non exist

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #131001 by DenisChenu

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by DenisChenu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose