Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Blank window when trying to upload file (File upload question type)

• fmbarbosa
  • fmbarbosa's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #128857 by fmbarbosa
Hi,
We've implemented in our institution a survey that allows the upload of 1 to 3 files. The survey is targeted on external public. We are receiving a considerable amount of complaints regarding people not being able to upload files. After clicking on the link to upload the file, the modal screens open, but does not show the button to upload files neither the message with acceptable file extensions. It remains blank and can't be closed, since Return and X buttons don't respond to actions.
In our tests, we used Windows desktop versions of Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, and everything is fine. Testing on my Android phone Google Chrome works fine, but Firefox shows the error.
I've tried to copy all javascript configurations in about:config from my desktop Firefox to my Android Firefox, but the error still happens.
The complaints we've received includes users on Windows desktop platform.
I've searched through the forums and the Bugtracker and could not find a related topic.

We are using version 2.05+ Build 150310 on a Windows Server 2008 and IIS 7.

I attached a printscreen from my smartphone and another from my desktop where it is working.

If anyone has a hint, we'd really appreciate.
Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by fmbarbosa.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 4 months ago #128993 by DenisChenu

fmbarbosa wrote: ... but Firefox shows the error.

Why don't you put the error here ?

You use the last SkeletonQuest version ? If not : update it.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • fmbarbosa
  • fmbarbosa's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #129101 by fmbarbosa
Hi Denis,
The error is shown at the first printscreen, where no button appears to allow the upload of files.
However, we followed your hint and updated SkeletonQuest, which solved the problem on my smartphone. We will release this new version and wait for comments from end users.
Thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose