Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Message: One or more questions have not been answered in a valid manner.

• alcampbell
  • alcampbell's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #128075 by alcampbell
Hello my survey contains only multiple choice, short answer and long answer questions. None of them are set to mandatory. None of them require a minimum or maximum answer.

I am still get this message however: One or more questions have not been answered in a valid manner. You cannot proceed until these answers are valid.

Where could I be going wrong?
lessshelvesmorewhat.limequery.org/index....39/newtest/Y/lang/en
The topic has been locked.
  • elissa
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 4 months ago #128105 by elissa
Hi, I cannot enter the link you provided (no permission). Usually, with the warning you get highlighted the questions that are not answered in required way. Is it one or more questions? I have no idea what's wrong but maybe one of the questions has some other restricting setting (e.g. only numbers).

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999
More
7 years 11 months ago #134263 by mrli999

elisa wrote: Hi, I cannot enter the link you provided (no permission). Usually, with the warning you get highlighted the questions that are not answered in required way. Is it one or more questions? I have no idea what's wrong but maybe one of the questions has some other restricting setting (e.g. only numbers).

I also got this warning. I tried many times, but still do not know what should i do to avoid the warning.

my survey's link: www.obhrm.com/survey/index.php?r=survey/...sid=161443&dqly=test
  • holch
More
7 years 11 months ago #134266 by holch
It is quite difficult to go through surveys that you can't even remotely follow. The survey is also pretty long, which doesn't make it much better. Because we don't know where the problem appears.

I clicked myself through now blindly, because I don't understand anything. On what seems to be the last page (about the company) it seems that the problem appears. Is there a way that you can export that question group from the last page? There must be something that triggers those problems.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 11 months ago #134275 by mrli999

holch wrote: It is quite difficult to go through surveys that you can't even remotely follow. The survey is also pretty long, which doesn't make it much better. Because we don't know where the problem appears.

I clicked myself through now blindly, because I don't understand anything. On what seems to be the last page (about the company) it seems that the problem appears. Is there a way that you can export that question group from the last page? There must be something that triggers those problems.

Thank you very much for your kindness. Please see attachment for this group. By the way, can I use firebug to detect the problem?
  • holch
More
7 years 11 months ago #134277 by holch
setup a new survey and after a few struggles (finding what base language it is out of the 3 different chinese options) managed to import the group. But when testing in 2.5+ I am gettin an error message. Previewing the group works, but there the problem obviously does not appear. Maybe you can provide the complete survey?

My suspision is that the problem lies with the questions where you use a validation.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #134278 by mrli999
how to search whether there is a validation in.lsg file or not? could please let me know your email address,i can email the survey to you later.thanks
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by mrli999.
  • holch
More
7 years 11 months ago #134279 by holch
Well, you have to go through question by question. For example the email questions require that a valid email is included. So if you don't allow it to be empty, then the error message might show up, for example. Because while it is not mandatory, it will check if the validation is correct. If you require for example that there is text, then the @, then text, then a dot, then text and someone leaves the box empty, Limesurvey will probably complain, because your regex is not fullfilled.

More
7 years 11 months ago #134281 by mrli999
so if we need validation and permission of blank, what should we do?
More
7 years 11 months ago #134283 by mrli999

holch wrote: Well, you have to go through question by question. For example the email questions require that a valid email is included. So if you don't allow it to be empty, then the error message might show up, for example. Because while it is not mandatory, it will check if the validation is correct. If you require for example that there is text, then the @, then text, then a dot, then text and someone leaves the box empty, Limesurvey will probably complain, because your regex is not fullfilled.

It seemed to be caused by the email input. Since we have two input box to double check the correction of the email input. When deleted those two questions, the survey goes smoothly.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose