Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Setting "hide tip" to Yes does not work after update to 2.06+ build 151018

• fvanderstarre
  • fvanderstarre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #127940 by fvanderstarre
I noticed after updating to 2.06+ build 151018, that advanced question setting "hide tip" = Y does not work (see issue # 10004 in the bug tracker).
A workaround may be to put:
div.emtip { display: none; }
at the bottom of template.css .
But then question tips will never be shown and you'll have to update all your templates.....
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #127950 by holch
Just tried it (you should mention here that this only refers to multipe choice questions, as you did in the bug report).

But it just works fine. The tip is hidden.

Do you use a custom template? If so, have you tried with one of the templates that comes with limesurvey and which has not been modified?

Here question with "Hide tip" set to "yes":

And here the same question with "hide tip" set to "no"

The screenshots are made with Google Chrome, but I also tried with Firefox and not problem (multiple choice question).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by holch.
  • holch
More
8 years 5 months ago #127953 by holch
Had a look at your example questionnaire of the bug report and there the comment is still showing. Not sure if this falls under "tip" though. Let's see what the developers say.

But hiding the standard tip that is shown for the question works, even with your survey. The "problem" seems to be the maximum number of answers. And I can understand why this isn't hidden, because it is a vital information for this question. If you would hide this tip, people wouldn't know what is wrong when they mark more than the maximum number of questions.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• fvanderstarre
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #127955 by fvanderstarre
Hi Holch,

Please check attached sample survey with a numeric question and minimum and maximum values set. Using default template, I still get question tip displayed after setting Hide tip to Yes.... :(
Note: I am referring to the text message: "Your answer must be between 18 and 99"
Cheers, Frank
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by fvanderstarre. Reason: Additional information
  • fvanderstarre
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #127957 by fvanderstarre
Some time ago I picked up this tip in the forum to suppress question tip display:
span.questionhelp {
display:none; }
in template.css (I believe it came from Tony P.).
This does not seem to work any more, not in all cases anyway. Has something been changed in this version (2.06+ 151018) which may affect this behavior?
Frank
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 5 months ago #128093 by DenisChenu
Hi,

Same than the bug : remove the span : codeguide.co/#css-selectors

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose