Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

read more function so only show a few sentences on answer options or subquestion

• delfin
  • delfin's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #127813 by delfin
Hi guys, I have a Long survey with very long Answer options and subquestions. Therefore I would appreciatte a "read more.." Button that would show the rest of the answer option/subquestion and only leave a permanent 2 sentence description. This would improve functionality wo loosing the description detail. Or a pop up that show the rest of the text when putting mouse above option. Is there anything like this?
Like if you hover over "submit" button on this page:) www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/newtopic
Thank you,
Pls change from installation & update issues as I can't change it anymore
Also for Rank type questions and other drag and drop(incase they exist) the read more button would be more useful as you need to hover over the question to drag and drop. Anyways any help would be appreciatted.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by delfin. Reason: Try to change Instalattion & update issue but couldn't do it anymore.
The topic has been locked.
  • delfin
More
8 years 5 months ago #128419 by delfin
Guys does someone have a working example that I can Adap?
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #128427 by DenisChenu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: delfin
  • delfin
More
8 years 5 months ago #128459 by delfin
Thank you Dennis,

I tried putting that code in the Subquestion code <p style="text-align: justify;"> <strong>GOVERNMENT FUNDS"</strong> Government programs or .readmore(grants can fund up to <strong>1 M USD</strong> in new equipment or investments per year, reaching up to <strong>50% of the investment.  </strong>Requirements include innovation and/or employment created (other options available like Mexico first for training or creating software, ITIL, COFOSE, State employment service, etc.)</p>)
Of course it didn't work, I know I sound dumb but I'm a finace guy and have no clue on where to put this JS code in LS. Could you pls give me more details or a working example and a hint where I can modify to adjust to my own survey? Or could you help me to have it runnin on my first subquestion? You would make me a very happy man:) Any help will be appreciatted.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...3(8).lss
File Size:284 KB
  • delfin
More
8 years 4 months ago #128924 by delfin
Pls help, I'm a finace guy and have no clue on where to put this JS code in LS. Could you pls give me more details or a working example and a hint where I can modify to adjust to my own survey? Or could you help me to have it runnin on my first subquestion? You would make me a very happy man:) Any help will be appreciatted.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose