Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

upgrading from 2.05+ (140320) to latest 2.06+ (151016) error

• davesage
  • davesage's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #127424 by davesage
Hi Tried to upgrade to latest using comfort update and got this error after completion:

'The Page isn't redirecting properly'
www.mydomain.com/index.php/admin/databaseupdate/sa/db

So I restored a backup and then followed the manual process by deleting files and uploading the unpacked new version went to www.mydomain.com/admin/ page after upload complete and I get the same problem?

Any ideas as to why the database upgrade process is not working?

Cheers,

Dave
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #127435 by krettig
All dear,
I had a similar problem with a test comfort update from Limesurvey 2.06 build 150812 (db 183) to build 151016 (db 184) on 16.10.2015. First, all was fine:
The Update was completely done (Das Update ist jetzt vollständig durchgeführt.)
if needed the database will be updated as a last step.
Back to the main menu.

But then – after return to the main menu, I always got the following error:
Error: redirection error (Fehler: Umleitungsfehler)

i.e. a redirection error in an endless loop (same error on Desktop PC and server). After several hours to figure out the error, I found that the db- number was still 183 in the gobal settings instead of 184. I changed it by hand to 184 and now it works. Is there any danger that the database structure or anything else was not updated correctly ?

Thanks in advance for an answer

Klaus
More
8 years 6 months ago #127440 by sarantaporogr
The same problem from me too. After updating though comfortupdate to the latest i can't login to administration interface. The comfortupdate wasn't so comfort after all ... :-) Any help to fix this would be really appreciated.

Thank you.
More
8 years 6 months ago #127442 by sarantaporogr
Fortunately i had a backup of the installation before trying to update and i managed to fix it following the below steps:

1. I deleted everything and restore the backup of the installation (files and database) with the status before the update with comfortupdate
2. Following the instructions from the manual for minor upgrades (see here: manual.limesurvey.org/Upgrading_from_a_p...r_version_changes.29 ) i deleted all the files, i downloaded the latest release from the limesurvey site, upload it to the server and then also uploaded through ftp from my backup files the file config.php from directory /application/config/ and all the directory /upload
3. I then visited mydomain.com/admin and followed the upgrade procedure. Everything worked like a charm.

George

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose