Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

EndUrl not automaticly called, but thanks page

More
8 years 6 months ago #126781 by sebas
Hello,
i have selected call endUrl and specified the endUrl. When running in Demo-Mode the endUrl was called after finisheing the survey but in activated mode a thanks page was shown and the endUrl is shown as a link.

I'm using the endUrl feature to store information that a certain user has taken part in the survey, but only some user really click on the link and so the feature is nearly useless.

Is it possible to deactivate the thanks page or can i trigger a programm at the end of the survey automaticly.

Thanx in advance
Sebastian

Version 2.05+ Build 150413
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #126784 by holch
the "Thanks page" is deactivated when you select "Yes" for "Automatically call end url":

I think this is the only way. Now we need to see why your survey doesn't redirect to the end url.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
8 years 6 months ago #126785 by holch
I just did a little test with a sample survey on my installation and the redirect works fine if "Automatically load URL when survey complete?" (see above) is set to yes. My LS Version is 2.06+ 150930

Can you create a little survey (just one question) and make a test with the end url feature if this new little survey doesn't work either? Just to see whether it is a general problem of your installation or just a problem with this specific survey. We can then go forward from there.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 6 months ago #126786 by Ben_V
you can also set a redirection (using javascript) in the end/completed related textarea

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
More
8 years 6 months ago #126791 by sebas
Hello,

thank you all (and especially Ben) very much. The tip with JavaScript worked:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
parent.seite.location.href = ../endumfr.php"
//-->
</script>

Of course the switch "automatically load" was set. I think perhaps my problem comes from using frames. While testing the survey it was without frames an in in the final version I was using frames. So I hat a little bit to struggle using the redirection until I found the one for frames.

Thanx
Sebastian
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126943 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic EndUrl not automaticly called, but thanks page
Hi,

LS core do a header location ( www.php.net/manual/en/function.header.php ) when you set endurl. Then frame don't update something.

LimeSurvey version and build number ?

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose