Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

User groups security

• hstiekema
  • hstiekema's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #123941 by hstiekema
User groups security was created by hstiekema
Hi,

After updating to the latest 2.05+ version, all users can see all surveys. Before (2.05+, build 141020), users could only see surveys they were given access to. In the general security settings, the option 'Group member can only see own group:' is set to Yes, so I would expect users to only see surveys from their own user group. Since my surveys contain personal information, this is a serious security concern for me. Do i need to do something different in the latest build compared to the 141020 build or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 8 months ago #123944 by holch
Replied by holch on topic User groups security
The group level permissions have changed in 2.05. Have a look in the forum, this was discussed before. Seems not to be a bug, if I read things right.

I am not 100% sure how it was solved. But I think you need to revoke "edit survey" permissions or something like that.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• hstiekema
  • hstiekema's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #123954 by hstiekema
Replied by hstiekema on topic User groups security
I can't revoke edit survey. I want users to be able to create and edit surveys. I just dont want all users to see all surveys, but only the ones from their own user group (possibly even further restricted to specific users they gave access, as long as those users are the users from their own user group. At least, that's how it used to work before i upgraded).
Surely, the visibility of surveys isn't changed by removing edit rights? That would make no sense to me.

Anyway, you mention that it was discussed but i couldn't find the topic. I searched for "user group" but got only 8 unrelated topics. Any tips on search terms to find this?
More
8 years 8 months ago #123955 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic User groups security

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose