Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Export answers into a custom designed PDF or similar?

• holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 8 months ago #123860 by holch
If you need to go back while the form isn't finished, you could always go back in the survey. Now if the changes should be made when the survey is already submitted, I don't see how you can gain access to this simple way of solving your problem.

In this case you probably will have to custom code some PHP script that can be called based on the ID of the response. This could be called even after the survey has been submitted. But this would be of course a lot more custom coding with PHP and MySQL involved.

Not as simple as the EM approach.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.
  • DOwen
  • DOwen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #123875 by DOwen
Hmmm. It's a shame there's no way of accessing the survey again after submission.

Is there absolutely no other solution apart from involving a lot of custom PHP and MySQL?
  • DOwen
  • DOwen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #123878 by DOwen
I'm thinking that an alternative option for us would be to allow the agent to access the database of answers within LS after the survey is submitted to edit the answers, then export the PDF from there.

However, I have no idea how to customise the PDF design that LS produces on this screen. I guess there's no CSS file to edit anywhere, and I've heard mPDF being mentioned. Would mPDF work for the export to PDF option on the Responses page? I'm not familiar with mPDF and have looked at the website and forums but cannot figure out how its used...

Also, the Export to PDF feature will print all questions unless the agent manually selects what they want. Which would be inefficient as there will be a LOT of questions to go through, including hidden questions with no indication if they have been answered. On second thoughts, I don't think this option will work at all.

Another thought. Can mPDF be effective for use when exporting the results to PDF from the Responses screen, as well as the export to PDF (print) feature at the end of the survey? If so, will I need to implement this once or twice? I think I need a guide on how to use mPDF with LimeSurvey!
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by DOwen.
  • holch
  • Away
More
8 years 8 months ago #123904 by holch
We really need some kind of Expression Manager language for reporting.

So we could create simple reports (based on single responses or on mean / median values of all responses) that can be fed into some kind of graph library so we can create custom reports for the clients.

This is becoming more and more important. Clients want dashboards and real time reporting, they can't (?) or don't want to wait for a full featured report anymore. They need the results as quick as possible (we can discuss if this is the best solution for them, but I see this more and more).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose