Txtbox/TxtArea type Ans (also the "other" textbox for Multiple-choice) Further O

More
2 years 6 months ago #117865 by kmanapp
kmanapp created the topic: Txtbox/TxtArea type Ans (also the "other" textbox for Multiple-choice)
Dear Friends,

This thread is an extension to the discussion previously made here:
www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...ppercase-onblur-trim

I would suggest that LimeSurvey can provide further and advanced build-in options for all textual-type answers that can:
  1. force UPPERCASE
  2. force lowercase
  3. force First character Captialized
  4. force Title Case
  5. force trim whitespace (onBlur)

"Textual-type answers" means any answer supplied via textbox or textarea (i.e., short free-text, long free-text, huge free-text, multiple short-text, multiple-choice enabled with additional option "Other", multiple-choide with comment, array (text), list radio enabled with additional option "Other", and list with comment)

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #117866 by kmanapp
kmanapp replied the topic: Txtbox/TxtArea type Ans (also the "other" textbox for Multiple-choice)
Sorry Forum Admin, I have wrongly posted this thread under "Installation & Update issues" forum, could you please help to move it to "Future Features" forum. Thanks!

More
2 years 3 months ago #121040 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Txtbox/TxtArea type Ans (also the "other" textbox for Multiple-choice)
Topic moved...

Related code was documented at manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Manip...Case_.2B_onBlur_Trim .

Does anyone think we should add this to the advanced question settings (maybe for the re-worked Limesurvey 3)?
From my point of view this is a very special feature but maybe others would make use of it, too?!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
2 years 3 months ago #121120 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Txtbox/TxtArea type Ans (also the "other" textbox for Multiple-choice)

Mazi wrote: From my point of view this is a very special feature but maybe others would make use of it, too?!

+ 42 !!!

Question attribute plugin

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now