Show "Review before Submit / Overview" page before final "Submission"

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #117213 by kmanapp
kmanapp created the topic: Show "Review before Submit / Overview" page before final "Submiss
Normally, the navigation of the LimeSurvey surveys can only have all-in-one or group-by-group that the button is "Submit". If there is something, such as "Review before Submit / Overview" in the middle of answering the survey questions and submission, it would be great to present a list to participant about the answers in textual format for their final review, it would be very great!

Some surveys are for academic purpose that achieve for correctness and preciseness, so that such proposed feature can greatly reduce human error.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by kmanapp. Reason: Correction of typo error

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #117216 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Show "Review before Submit / Overview" page before final "Submiss
You can already use EM for this purpose.

An "global" system seems complex because some Question must be validated and some other not.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
2 years 7 months ago #117398 by kmanapp
kmanapp replied the topic: Show "Review before Submit / Overview" page before final "Submiss
Yes, even there are certain "road blocks", such as validations or constraints, the "Review before Submit / Overview" page is JUST before the "Submission", which means it is at the middle between data entry process and the submission process. Or, in order words, it is the "penultimate" (i.e, the second last process before submission.

I think it is not that hard for LimeSurvey to build in such middle process called "Answers Overview".

More
2 years 7 months ago #117401 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Show "Review before Submit / Overview" page before final "Submiss
Hi,

Already said : you can do it with Expression Manager: something like this:
Your answers:
<dl>
<dd>{Q1.question}</dd><dt>{Q1.shown}</dt>
<dd>{Q2.question}</dd><dt>{Q2.shown}</dt>
<dd>{Q3.question}</dd><dt>{Q3.shown}</dt>
<dd>{Q4.question}</dd><dt>{Q4.shown}</dt>
<dl>
Really quick to do with LibreOffice Calc (or even with a text editor).

And there are allways a moment where you want to show this question, but not this one ... etc ....

kmanapp wrote: I think it is not that hard for LimeSurvey to build in such middle process called "Answers Overview".

Please :

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
2 years 6 months ago #117584 by kmanapp
kmanapp replied the topic: Show "Review before Submit / Overview" page before final "Submiss
Thanks a lot, DenisChenu, for your suggestion!

I am a newbie to LimeSurvey, do you mind please give me some realistic example of various question types.

I think I currently urgently need for these types and seems that some type should be specially treated instead of simply {Qn.shown} or otherwise LimeSurvey reports compilation error:
  1. Short Free Text
  2. Gender
  3. Date/Time
  4. List (dropdown)
  5. Array
  6. Array dual scale
  7. Multiple choice
  8. List (radio)
  9. Long free text

More
2 years 6 months ago #117585 by DenisChenu
for 1,2,3 ... : Qn must be replaced by the question code.

For array : QCODE_SQCODE
For array dual scale : i don't remind but you can look at Expression Manager file and look at our manual : manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Variables

More
2 years 6 months ago #117593 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Show "Review before Submit / Overview" page before final "Submiss
A "live example" of some related syntaxes :

The code used here with a multiple choice question (on the completed page but it can be used as well in a previous boilerplate question for reporting purposes)
<table>
	<tbody>
		<tr>
			<td>
				{Q1_A1.question}&nbsp;</td>
			<td>
				: {if (Q1_A1.code == 'Y' , 'Yes' , ' - ')}</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td>
				{Q1_A2.question}&nbsp;</td>
			<td>
				: {if (Q1_A2.code == 'Y' , 'Yes' , ' - ')}</td>
		</tr>
               <!-- Same same for the other subquestions -->
</table>

where:
Q1 = question code
A1, A2, A3 = answer options codes

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #117602 by kmanapp
Thanks very much!

Can anyone also help me that how to display the question text for those type having sub-questions (i.e Array, Array dual scale, Multiple choice, List (radio)). Please be noted that I know how to display the sub-question text by {Q1_SQ01.question} but don't know how to display the question text.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by kmanapp.

More
2 years 6 months ago #117603 by kmanapp
Besides the above case, how can I show the selected choice of a "List (radio)" type question, especially if participant chose "other" and type in its textbox?

Thanks!

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #117608 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Show "Review before Submit / Overview" page before final "Submiss

kmanapp wrote: ...to display the question text for those type having sub-questions

I'm not 100% sure but i think that you've to use plain text for that (placeholder not available)

…especially if participant chose "other"

Handling .shown suffix => related post

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Ben_V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmanapp

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now