Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: Implementation of "Screen outs"

Implementation of "Screen outs" 4 years 3 months ago #78859

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 366
holch wrote:
What did I do wrong? As I do have quite a few screen out questions and all need to be zero quotas, I created one zero quota and added all answers that would need a zero quota to that. But what LS does is basically to take this as a "and", not an "or" as I had expected.

So by adding various answers to this quota I reduced the chance to close this quota with every answer I added.
Holger, could you please add a hint at the docs, you are probably not the only one running into such a problem.

Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Implementation of "Screen outs" 4 years 3 months ago #78872

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1327
holch wrote:
What did I do wrong? As I do have quite a few screen out questions and all need to be zero quotas, I created one zero quota and added all answers that would need a zero quota to that. But what LS does is basically to take this as a "and", not an "or" as I had expected.
Hello,

You can set a quota to for each question, then it's an OR not a AND.

It's the best way for quota: then you can have AND and OR quota on the same survey.

Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by DenisChenu.

Implementation of "Screen outs" 4 years 3 months ago #78875

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Denis, can you help updating the manual as well? I think this information is missing there?!

Dr. Marcel Minke

Implementation of "Screen outs" 4 years 3 months ago #78878

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
There are already an example with 2 quota:
docs.limesurvey.org/quotas#Example_of_a_quota
You might have to conduct a survey where you want to limit it to 25 male and 30 female respondents. You could then define a quota with a limit of 25 for the answer "Male" from your gender question in the survey. Another quota for the answer "Female" with a limit of 30 could be added as well. This will give you a maximum of 25 males who will be able to complete the survey, and a maximum of 30 females who can complete the survey.
And
docs.limesurvey.org/Quotas#Adding_multip...tion_amp_subquestion
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous

Implementation of "Screen outs" 4 years 3 months ago #78886

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Ahh, great. I totally overlooked them. Sorry!

Dr. Marcel Minke

Implementation of "Screen outs" 4 years 3 months ago #78903

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 749
I will see if I find time to have a look at this next week. This week is just crazy here.

Maybe I can add a paragraph about "screenouts"/"zero quota".
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Implementation of "Screen outs" 4 years 3 months ago #78912

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
holch wrote:
Maybe I can add a paragraph about "screenouts"/"zero quota".
Yep,

Good idea :)

Implementation of "Screen outs" 2 years 3 months ago #107847

• fsantoso
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I notice that the initial problem of this topic had been solved a couple years back by assigning zero Quota. However I still have a question regarding screening out and would really appreciate any input.

Using zero Quota for screening out is a wonderful solution and works perfectly. However there are circumstances where Quota becomes not feasible, such as where the question types are not supported by Quota.

In my case, I have an array question (attached picture.png) where the allowed answers to go to the next questions are (Q_Question2.NAOK == "A" || Q_Question2.NAOK == "B" || Q_Question2.NAOK == "C"), otherwise the user will be screened out. This condition is not supported by Quota, therefore my only solution would be through Relevance.

This method works fine and screens out respondents as it should. However my question is that although the respondent get screened out, LS recognizes the response as COMPLETED whereas it should have been INCOMPLETE as the respondent get screened out. Is there any alternative where we can still use Relevance but yet the screened out respondent is marked INCOMPLETE as it should?

This question was already asked earlier by Holch but remains unanswered.
Of course I could apply a condition to every single question following, but as the screen outs usually happen within the first few questions this would mean to copy this condition to all questions that follow. Additionally, this would mean that the person actually is registered as a finished interview, which shouldn't be.
Attachments:

Initiation à limesurvey 4 months 4 weeks ago #132473

• le_doux
  • Expert Lime
Hi
A the very beginning of the questionnaire, I want to screen out respondents who answer a "yes/no" question (their are not the target of the survey). I created a quota with quota "0" and action "terminate questionnaire". But even when I fill the condition (answer "no"), there is no screen out (the next page is proposed, with the button "next", etc.).

What did I miss? what is wrong?

Thank you!
New user of LS but with the will to contribute to this great community !

Initiation à limesurvey 4 months 4 weeks ago #132479

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
You activate the survey ?

Denis

Initiation à limesurvey 4 months 4 weeks ago #132506

• le_doux
  • Expert Lime
That's it. it was not activated. It is indeed working! !
- when the respondent is screened out, is it notified in the "results file" ?
- is that possible to add questions in the "screen out" page ? I want to say "you are not the good target, please can you tell us how to contact the right person (email, phone, etc.). Initially, I created a "final page" with these questions. Is that possible to send the respondent to this page (as if it was an external page)?
thank you !

Initiation à limesurvey 4 months 3 weeks ago #132521

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
No, you can not add questions at the screen out page.

You can either ask that before (so you don't implement the screen out where it actually would happen), but add later another question, which is kind of a work around. Or you use the redirect feature and redirect respondents to another survey which will ask about those contact details of the right target person.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Initiation à limesurvey 4 months 3 weeks ago #132870

• le_doux
  • Expert Lime
Thank you Holch. It is indeed what I did.
But I would like to do that when the respondent clicks on "stop the questionnaire" (drops-out voluntarily). 1) Is there a way to propose a button "stop now the survey" (that does not erase the answers)
2) If yes, may I then redirect the respondent to a another survey (page), on which I ask "why are you leaving the survey..."
I have too much incomplete answers on my questionnaire, I would like to understand why.
Thank you again !

Initiation à limesurvey 4 months 3 weeks ago #132872

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Dropouts can have a lot of different reasons, but I highly doubt that a new questionnaire when closing the first one will get you many responses.

Of course you could implement a button that closes the window or that redirects to a new questionnaire, but I personally would probably just close the browser tab and that's it.

You should have a look where people drop out. My experience shows that most respondents dropout at questions with long item batteries (eg. long Matrix questions), but also at obligatory open ended questions.

In general the first 2-3 questions also have the highest dropout rates. These are usually those people who are curious about what the questionnaire is about, but then can't be bothered anymore.

If you provide a link to the questionnaire I might have a look at it and give you my opinion. But it all depends a little on the target group, the topic, how you recruit, if you offer some sort of incentive, the way the questionnaire is structured, the way you ask things, etc.

Initiation à limesurvey 4 months 3 weeks ago #132880

• le_doux
  • Expert Lime
Dear Holch
Thank you for these valuable advises. Yes I know also about these "survey methodology" elements, I run several web surveys and I always try to make the questionnaire more "attractive". But this one is long (preliminary survey), and somehow requires effort to the respondent. I'm precisely trying to improve it, by analysing the pages where there is a lot of drop outs, time spent on the pages, reducing "matrix" questions, etc. I have few "mandatory" questions.
But it is still a LONG survey.
iseaetudes.limequery.com/index.php/735881/lang-fr

anyway, I would like to try to gather some data about "why they are droping out", and this button can allow for some info (the ones cliking on it). I will also add a short text question at the end of some pages (the one with a lot of drop outs) in order to allow free expression. And sentences like "we know it is long, thank you for your patience and help". etc.
So How can I take off the button "leave and erase answers" and replace it by just "leave", sending to another "final" page? thank you again
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Imprint                   Data Protection Statement                  Revocation information and revocation form