Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

GSoC 2011: Database API Rebuild

More
5 years 8 months ago #60501 by jcleeland
This forum is a place to discuss and comment on Pooja Narula's Google Summer of Code Proposal, "Database Frontend Rebuilde".

You can read the proposal here:

docs.limesurvey.org/Rebuild+the+database...nd+using+CodeIgniter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #64300 by Fred01
Hi, I thought that I read that LS2 would support multiple storage options. Specifically, there was some discussion of including an EAV option where all responses would be included in a single table with one response per row. Was that ever implemented?

More
5 years 5 months ago #64308 by holch
LS2 was stopped due to lack of resources. Instead it was decided to improve the code base of LS1.x brand gradually.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
5 years 5 months ago #64339 by Fred01
Yes, I did see that development update. Too bad. I was thinking in the context of Pooja's database API which is ongoing. It looks like it is going to support this "section flat" idea but perhaps that's the only option.

More
5 years 5 months ago #64374 by pnarula
Hi, EAV model hasn't been implemented yet, but can be added as a plugin, as the porting has been done. Also now "section flat" is not the only option, we also have flat engine implemented (which is supposed to handle the LS1 response structure).

P.S.: Apologies for late reply :)

More
5 years 5 months ago #64375 by Fred01
Thank you. That answers my question. And thanks for all your work this summer. Do you think these changes are going to be incorporated into LS1 in a 2011 release?

More
5 years 5 months ago #64377 by pnarula
I'm afraid not because DBSE couldn't be integrated with LS1 as it involved quite a lot work and was thought to interfere with the main LS1 porting.

More
5 years 5 months ago #64385 by Fred01
Ah ha. I see. But if development work on LS2 was stopped because of no resources, and the DBSE will not work with LS1, what will become of DBSE?

(Sorry for all the newbie questions...)

Fred

More
5 years 5 months ago #64442 by pnarula
DBSE is truly a "future feature" which will be integrated with main LS1 once it is fully-fledged.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred01

More
5 years 5 months ago #64448 by Fred01
I see. Thanks!

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form