Email test function

More
6 years 1 month ago #60060 by medicnick
medicnick created the topic: Email test function
It would be really useful to have an email test button available in the admin menus where email settings are made.

I imagine that the send email test would use the PHP Mail function to send email with the settings and return the SMTP debug info for validation/troubleshooting without having to leave the window. This is especially useful when creating new admin users in a new site, where the workaround is to create a new user over and over until the settings are correct.

The receive email test would use the send mail function to send a test email to the address(es) that are set.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #63137 by ENDER
ENDER replied the topic: Email test function
I absolutely agree. I'm having trouble getting my gmail account to work with this - and it's extremely daunting setting settings, going to tokens, sending an invite - catching the error message, going back to email settings ... and over and over again.
If there was a test button - I would love it!

More
1 year 3 months ago #131544 by larryk
larryk replied the topic: Email test function
Dear friends.... I'm in the same situation..... so how do you test the eMail settings exactly? :sick:

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #131732 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Email test function
Hi,

To do this : use tab of your brower
- 1st tab : send one email via token
- 2nd tab: Global settings / email : update
- 1st tab : reload and click "OK" when browser ask if you really want resend same information
- 2nd tab: click on global setting and save
- 1st tab : reload and click "OK" when browser ask if you really want resend same information

The lack is a "Save" like in survey settings in Global settings ( in 2.06 : save in survey setting come to same tab)

PS: You can make feature request , or develop a plugin, or earn a dev, or make a donation in the feature request

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by DenisChenu.

More
1 year 1 month ago #133647 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Email test function

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
10 months 1 week ago #139291 by danika
danika replied the topic: Email test function
Hi,

How do you send email via token.

Thanks

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now