Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Cookies - Information notice

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 4 months ago #177168 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Cookies - Information notice
The only times we REALLY need a cookie agreement : usage of (awfull) Google tracking system.

And maybe : we must disable it if Do not track is enabled on browser (a bug to be reported ?)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 4 months ago #177170 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Cookies - Information notice

DenisChenu wrote: The only times we REALLY need a cookie agreement : usage of (awfull) Google tracking system.

The impact that more websites provide more infos about each cookie set, is a nice side effect of GDPR.

To inform user about what cookies are having which purpose is a good thing.

When using functions like preventing access for a year, you will have a date on the cookie.
So someone might be able to track back usage of a browser with LimeSurvey at a certain time.
LimeSurvey isn't tracking, but it's placing a cookie for a year inside the browser.
So you want to inform the user and the respondents to keep trust level as high as possible.

Currently I have no overview of all cookies possibly set. Timer questions use additional cookies?

Keep a wiki page with all cookies set at any point of LimeSuvey usage, might be useful for many things.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 4 months ago #177188 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Cookies - Information notice

jelo wrote: So someone might be able to track back usage of a browser with LimeSurvey at a certain time.

Only with broken browser then : cookies can not be read by another website without browser consent.

jelo wrote: Currently I have no overview of all cookies possibly set. Timer questions use additional cookies?

Keep a wiki page with all cookies set at any point of LimeSuvey usage, might be useful for many things.

Yes, good point.

1. I never use cookies system in LimeSurvey because when i really need one response : i use token (cookie : lol … )
2. You're right : timing question use cookies

I think too it's the only 2 cookies excpet google tracking.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
5 years 4 months ago #177190 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Cookies - Information notice

DenisChenu wrote: Only with broken browser then : cookies can not be read by another website without browser consent.

The fact that LimeSurvey places a cookie on the browser for a year with a certain date is the point. Not how and if someone else is able to access these data.

This access prevention cookie is not a big thing (when seen in context with everything else), but just data stored in the browser of a user for one year. That needs to be pointed out. No big deal, but when we state "LimeSurvey stores nothing when the session is over" this is not always true. Nothing more, nothing less.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose