Create Survey in Script

More
1 year 5 months ago #135497 by lec
lec created the topic: Create Survey in Script
Recently I had to create a survey with many repetitive but slightly different tasks. I.e rating different pictures. Since I had a large amount of pictures I had the problem that creating the survey became very tedious. Furthermore, editing a question, e.g. fixing a spelling mistake, for all the pictures is also not very practical. I tried to manually edit the survey xml files but they are difficult to understand and edit.

My question is, is it planned to have a scripting language to create a survey offline in a text file? I think qualtrics does something like this. Is it planned to import qualtrics scripts? (I really prefer to use and support an open source solution :) )

I also looked into the php sources but I haven't found something like an api to create a survey programmatically. Something like that would be nice as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #135498 by first
first replied the topic: Create Survey in Script
Explore remote control api ..

Survey Designer and Programmer

More
1 year 5 months ago #135500 by lec
lec replied the topic: Create Survey in Script
Thanks! I just took a brief look. Is that powerful enough to create a whole survey? For example, how to select the question type? or how to create a Likert scale question? I'm not quite get it from the api...

That would be a solution for developer but I think a more easy to use description language for average users would be cool!

More
1 year 5 months ago #135525 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Create Survey in Script
The API is probably not a solution for you.

But you can create a survey using Excel which allows easy copy-pasting of questions/groups. Check manual.limesurvey.org/Excel_Survey_Structure

For Limesurvey 2.50 we are currently working on a new mass editing feature:
github.com/LimeSurvey/ls3-question-objects-spec/issues/12

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
1 year 5 months ago #135587 by lec
lec replied the topic: Create Survey in Script
Thanks the excel solution sounds interesting, will try it the next time!

More
1 year 2 months ago #139772 by buggaby
buggaby replied the topic: Create Survey in Script
Can this be used to modify pictures used in the question?

The OP indicates that there are many pictures to display. I'm in a similar situation. I read the link above on using spreadsheet imports, and it suggests you export a question first. This would be fantastic if you can export a sample question, which includes the figure tags, then in Excel or whatever I can programmatically change the figure URL. Would that work?

More
1 year 2 months ago #139773 by buggaby
buggaby replied the topic: Create Survey in Script
This does work. I just tested it.

Thanks!

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now