transpose arrays Y and X)

More
2 years 2 months ago #124040 by FranzGerbig
FranzGerbig created the topic: transpose arrays Y and X)
Dear developers.

A button to transpose subquestions of an array (numbers) would be nice: just switching the contents of Y- and X-scale from one to the other respectively (Y->X, X->Y). Sometimes, one notices the other way round would have been better - but it's already done, and therefore has to enter all subquestions again.

Thanks a lot
bilo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #124043 by holch
holch replied the topic: transpose arrays Y and X)
While it would be a nice to have, I think there are far more important things to implement in Limesurvey. I am not opposed to that feature rquest, but I would consider it low priority.

I would rather see a feature implemented that solves a problem that currently can't be solved with Limesurvey than one that makes it easier to change our mistakes. Actually, this should have shown up way before you start programming. Usually you do not go directly into programming, you plan the questionnaire in word or similar and only once it seems to be final you go into programming. At this point, problems with the scale should already have been found. Because if you really need to transpose the scales, then you either need to use a different question type (array by column) or you really, really screwed up in planning. Because the x and y scales in arrays work totally different (only one answer per line allowed, while there could be more than one answer in the same column).

And the few odd cases where something slips through should be quickly be resolved manually. I think it is more usefull to rethink the pre-programming workflow.

And if you create label sets and you can switch easily between the two scales.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FranzGerbig

More
2 years 2 months ago #124044 by FranzGerbig
FranzGerbig replied the topic: transpose arrays Y and X)
Thank you for taking it into account.
Of course it's nothing to be solved prior to most of requested features.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!