Enumerate each [Questions] and [Question Group] in all Admin screen components

More
2 years 3 months ago #121071 by kmanapp
kmanapp created the topic: Enumerate each [Questions] and [Question Group] in all Admin screen components
It is not unusual that a survey contains numerous [Question Groups] and [Questions]. In such case, maintaining huge amount of Question/Question Group items could be very repetitious and tedious that prone to produce human error.

So, it is suggested that if the LimeSurvey system can automatically enumerate each items, it could help reducing human error and quite helpful to Survey Admin in identifying and specifying particular target items during their administrative tasks.

For example in the Admin screen, on the right-hand side, there are various select-option boxes for [Surveys], [Question groups] and [Question]. If the text shown on those select-option boxes are enumerated accordingly with their natural appearance sequence (i.e. their respective "Qcode.qseq" ) and/or their ID, and with meaningful/informative/descriptive onMouseHover tooltip, it will very much helpful to Survey Admin in their administrative tasks.

For another example in the [Reorder Question Groups/Question] screen, enumeration would be quite helpful for Survey Admin to immediately spot out the target items immediately too.

I think LimeSurvey can consider to have a overhaul re-design so that such automatic enumeration mechanism permeates each components throughout the entire Admin front-end interfaces.

Below are some screenshots for your immediate reference.

[Question Groups] select-option box:
i.imgur.com/mWr22U8.png

[Question] select-option box:
i.imgur.com/ChibWvj.png

Reorder Question Groups / Question:
i.imgur.com/oGNWgLh.png

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #121118 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Enumerate each [Questions] and [Question Group] in all Admin screen components
Hi,

The best place for this topic seems to be feature request .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now