Enumerate each [Questions] and [Question Group] in all Admin screen components

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #121033 by kmanapp
kmanapp created the topic: Enumerate each [Questions] and [Question Group] in all Admin screen components
It is not uncommon that a survey contains numerous [Question Groups] and [Questions]. In such case, maintaining huge amount of Question/Question Group items could be very repetitious and tedious that prone to produce human error.

So, it is suggested that if the LimeSurvey system can automatically enumerate each items, it could help reducing human error and quite helpful to Survey Admin in identifying and specifying particular target items during their administrative tasks.

For example in the Admin screen, on the right-hand side, there are various select-option boxes for [Surveys], [Question groups] and [Question]. If the text shown on those select-option boxes are enumerated (with leading ZEROs) accordingly with their natural appearance sequence (i.e. their respective "Qcode.qseq" ) and/or their ID, and with meaningful/informative/descriptive onMouseHover tooltip, it will be very helpful to Survey Admin in their administrative tasks.

For another example in the [Reorder Question Groups/Question] screen, enumeration would be quite helpful for Survey Admin to immediately spot out the target items immediately too.

I think LimeSurvey can consider to have a overhaul re-design so that such automatic enumeration mechanism permeates each components throughout the entire Admin front-end interfaces.

Below are the screenshots of suggestions highlighted in red:

[Question Groups] select-option box:
i.imgur.com/mWr22U8.png

Attachment LimeSurvey_Demo_Clicked-to-unfold-the-Question-Groups-selectOption-box.png not found

[Question] select-option box:
i.imgur.com/ChibWvj.png

Attachment LimeSurvey_Demo_Clicked-to-unfold-the-Question-selectOption-box.png not found

[Reorder Question Groups / Question] screen:
i.imgur.com/oGNWgLh.png
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by kmanapp.
The topic has been locked.
More
2 years 5 months ago #121117 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Enumerate each [Questions] and [Question Group] in all Admin screen components

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
The topic has been locked.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!