Using Expression Manager to assign values to responses within questions

More
2 years 8 months ago #118311 by privetlm
privetlm created the topic: Using Expression Manager to assign values to responses within questions
I'm attempting to use Expression Manager to check the response to a question and give it a value. I can't figure out how to do it.

My question types are List (radio buttons) I have 4 questions with anywhere from 3-5 answers. I need to provide the user with a "maturity" assessment. So I'd like to give each response a value 0,1,2,3 (no maturity, low maturity, med maturity, high maturity). In the case of 5 questions I'm doubling up 2 responses. In the case of 3, I'm giving it a 1,2,3 value.

I've tried following the How-To but the example is numerical and I can't seem to figure out how to assign values to question responses, and then asses them...

I'd be extremely grateful for any help provided.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #118314 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Using Expression Manager to assign values to responses within questions
Have you already activate the assessment module for your survey?

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
The following user(s) said Thank You: privetlm

More
2 years 8 months ago #118316 by privetlm
privetlm replied the topic: Using Expression Manager to assign values to responses within questions
Yes. I've used that, but I wanted to tailor the questions a little more... and put it early in the survey on my "review page". Is it extremely time consuming/work heavy to do this using Expression Manager? The assessments tool is super easy/convenient, it's just a bit limiting on what I want to do.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #118317 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Using Expression Manager to assign values to responses within questions
Time consuming ? it depends... Have a look here ;)

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Ben_V.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!