Multiple choice question score based on number of checked answers

More
2 years 8 months ago #118077 by mettjus
mettjus created the topic: Multiple choice question score based on number of checked answers
Hi!

Say I have a multiple choice question with 10 possible answers.
I'd like to make the question add 1 point to current score only if at least 3 answers are checked, 0 points otherwise.

How can I do that? Can it be done in assessment mode?

I have prepared 3 assessments based on score and can't figure out how to make that question score 1 point or 0 (I understood ho to make each answer add 1 point).

Thx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #118078 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Multiple choice question score based on number of checked answers
Hi,
The use of the assessment module is not necessary required :) You can use the following expression in an equation type question to retrieve the score for this question ( "Q1" code)
{if(count(that.Q1)>="3",1,0)}

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)

More
2 years 8 months ago #118083 by mettjus
mettjus replied the topic: Multiple choice question score based on number of checked answers
Thx!

But say I have my survey already set up with assessment Mode on, is there a way to use such expression for calculating the score before it gets evaluated for assessment?

In case of not using assessment Mode how can I get the same behaviour (assessments are shown after submitting the survey)? Where should I put the question with the expression?

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #118085 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Multiple choice question score based on number of checked answers
Ok,
What you can do is using a final equation question to retrieve the overall score based on the computed Q1 score + score for all others questions ( => {assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL} )

The equation will be something like:
{sum(assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL, if(count(that.Q1)>="3",1,0))}

/!\ in the advanced settings of your mutliple choice question (Q1), check that the assess value is set to 0, to avoid extra added points

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Ben_V. Reason: /!\ {ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL} & ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!