quexml import to limesurvey

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #114280 by floho
floho created the topic: quexml import to limesurvey
I like to create a survey in quexml format because of our own created and used survey database. Therefore i manually created a small survey (just 1 group, 4 questions) in quexml and transformed it with notepad++ (plugin xml tools) to an .csv file. (Just for testing)

The import process shows no errors, just a warning that the name e_xyz is replaced through exyz. Nearly all fields are imported into the limesurvey database but no labels and labelssets are saved!? (Attachment 1)

I also realised that limesurvey is not able to export a survey, which is developed in it, and import quexml transformed file again. Errors occur. (Attachment 2) But this problem needs no more attention for me.. just notice it.
edit: Just had a second try and the matrix answers could not be imported. a few answers are questions now and the others are deleted.

We use the latest limesurvey version (Version 2.05+ Build 141109) and MSSQL database.

Have other people the same problem?
How can I solve these problems? Are there any bugs?

Are other, better formats available? LSS and LSA are very complex. quexml looks really nice.

The main task is to export our created survey metadata from our self developed database (a separate application exist) and import it to limesurvey as simple as possible. Copy data from one database to second is not a valid solution for us.

Both attachments are inside the .rar

Thanks for your help.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by floho.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #114317 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: quexml import to limesurvey
queXML import are not included in LS core actually i think. Make a feature request.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by DenisChenu.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!