Importing vv survey file. Exclude Response ID's failure

More
3 years 9 months ago #113747 by zelwiux92
zelwiux92 created the topic: Importing vv survey file. Exclude Response ID's failure
Hey everyone,

Again, an issue with Limesurvey. Seems like if "Exclude Response ID's" is checked, it doesn't play any role in import. I am saying this, because I tried 2 ways of importing responses to survey:
  • I exported survey and imported it as new one. I also exported responses (Export .VV file) from old survey. Then I activated new survey and tried to import responses (from old one) with "Exclude...ID's?" checked - I get an error. In SQL profiler, I see that during import, at the last point of it, there is INSERT statement and it tries to insert id value(s), but id column has IDENTITY property, which cannot be updated and nothing could be inserted in that column. Am I describing limesurvey bug or it is just an issue, because I use SQL Server 2012? Maybe somebody, who has different database (MySQL or other) could try this? Don't be surprised, but the same thing (during import with "Exclude Response ID's" checked,tries to insert response id) happens, if there are already one or more responses in that survey and their id's doesn't match any of id's from the file, which I want to import. Would I be wrong if I say that this option shouldn't look at response id at all and should just import responses,simple as that?
  • Next situation is when "Exclude..." isn't checked with option "Replace existing record". If in the survey there is already at least one response with the same id as in my vv file, the response from survey is deleted (Step one of this option) but nothing is inserted. Well, with profiler I see more or less the same situation as in earlier described problem - it tries to insert response id, but id column in the table has IDENTITY property. What could be done here? If I remove IDENTITY property, I could bring much bigger problems with that. Also, I don't know, if I should report this as a bug.
Yes. There are two more options, but nothing new with those - it tries to insert id if response id in the file doesn't find any match in responses' id from survey.

Well, there were few questions, but the main is:

The option "Exclude Response ID's" - does it work properly, as it should? If yes, explain in a few sentences.
I would be grateful for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #113777 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Importing vv survey file. Exclude Response ID's failure
I don't have mssql to test system, then surely a bug with mssql.

Please make a bug report .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by DenisChenu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!