CSS issues: where's "user agent stylesheet"?

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #107259 by blacknail
blacknail created the topic: CSS issues: where's "user agent stylesheet"?
Hello all,

I'm editing the sherpa template, but now I'm facing some problems. I need to change some font sizes / margins, and when inspecting the elements with Chrome, I can't locate some of the styles in it. For instance, in the attached example (in the right, inside the red round rectangle), I can't seem to find the style for the <h3> heading in the template.css file. Where can it possible be? Since it has a reference to "user agent stylesheet" it must be somewhere else, but I can't find out where. I've edited a lot of styles before in template.css, but now I can't seem to advance. I've also searched in other files and wasn't also able to find it there either.

Thanks a lot for your time, any help will be valuable.

Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by blacknail.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #107271 by pietpomp
pietpomp replied the topic: CSS issues: where's "user agent stylesheet"?
Hi Blacknail,

'user agent stylesheet' is the browser(user-agent) fall-back. They may actually differ from browser to browser. You can think of it as the particular browsers 'defaults'. This is why you'll come across CSS-reset stylesheets ~ to get it as close as possible across various browsers.

If you added(set) a h3 in your CSS, you'll see it being used instead of the 'defaults'. This will explain why your search wouldn't find any either.

Hope that helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: blacknail

More
3 years 2 months ago #107276 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: CSS issues: where's "user agent stylesheet"?
An h3 inside a table ?

Strange ....

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
3 years 2 months ago #107324 by blacknail
blacknail replied the topic: CSS issues: where's "user agent stylesheet"?
Thanks for all the answers, I solved my problems by overriding the style in the template.css file (cache was preventing me from seeing the changes...). Also changed <h3> to <p>, Denis, I agree it can make more sense ;]

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now