Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

Having trouble with the order questions within group page (and conditions?)

  • holch
  • holch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #78683 by holch
Hi!

I have a fairly big survey and in one question group, when I try to sort the questions within the group, the dropdown only shows two options "place after" and "at beginning". The questions within the group are not available.

This is for one group. For another group the list of questions available stop around question 10 of this group.

And then there is an issue with the conditions. Sometimes the conditions show up as question code (the one I gave) and sometimes as SQGA code. When it is as SQGA code it always is marked in red and it says it is an "undefined variable". This appears in the question view as well as in the group view for sorting.

Sometimes this gets back to normal, and then it goes back to this state!

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #78685 by TMSWhite
holch-

If questions are being flagged as unknown variables intermittently, sounds like some LS function isn't calling LimeExpressionManager::SetDirtyFlag(), which is used to force recomputation of the mapping of variable names to SGQA codes.

Given that it is a long survey, you might want to use this new feature to deal with sorting questions, since you can simply the whole survey structure to Excel, sort it there, then re-import it, and not have to worry about SGQA codes at all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • holch
  • holch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #78724 by holch
Hi Thomas!

Thank you for the response. So what about those red SGQA codes? Could that be a potential problem? Because the codes seem to be correct.

The new excel feature sounds good, but is only available in the 2.0, right? Right now I guess this is not an option for my survey, because the survey needs to go into field.

What is weird is, that in some groups sorting works just fine, in other groups it is just not possible. And in the question interface you can define the position only upon the creation of the question. Once the question has been created you can only change the position via the regroup feature, which is basically unusable for one of my groups and only half usable for the other one. Because with the little arrows it will take me about 15 clicks to bring each question to the middle of the group.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #78725 by TMSWhite
holch-

The excel feature is available as a patch to 1.92+. Just clone the 192_dev branch of my LimeSurvey fork ( github.com/TMSWhite/LimeSurvey/tree/192_dev ). It is up to date with 1.92+, but has the Excel extensions.

I haven't looked closely enough at your survey to see those SGQA codes. They either mean there is some typo, or the SetDirtyFlag() wasn't called.

There is a cheat to manually call SetDirtyFlag(). Just use the unit test of dynamic relevance - http://localhost/git/ls192/admin/admin.php?action=EMtest&subaction=relevance, then re-show your survey. That will remove any SGQA naming errors related to caching.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • holch
  • holch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #78726 by holch
I have uploaded the survey to the server now and at the moment the codes are shown just fine. There where a few problems where I had renamed question ids to match the format (before it was like "I.30", which I changed to "I30"), but then killed the maximum value configurations for some questions.

At the moment my question logic file seems to be clean. Fingers crossed. ;-)

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form