Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: Why is "clearall" going to "_top"?

Why is "clearall" going to "_top"? 5 years 9 months ago #57879

• bolero
  • Fresh Lemon
I want to run a survey in an iframe and found one showstopper: the option to "leave and clear all" does a window.open to "_top". I'm not sure why that is done, but it spoils the experience if run within an iframe. I changed that to go to "_self" instead and that seems to work quite fine, including the actions you can do afterwards (except for closing the window, of course). Is there a critical reason for using "_top" or should I file a bug report?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why is "clearall" going to "_top"? 5 years 9 months ago #57881

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1376
bolero wrote:
Is there a critical reason for using "_top" or should I file a bug report?
I think the best is to fill a bug report.

Maybe you can search for other _top in LimeSurvey code ;)
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (use private message).

Why is "clearall" going to "_top"? 5 years 9 months ago #58004

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1477
Bug is fixed - bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=5011

In the meantime bolero, see this post for a temporary fix - www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...ge-to-survey-webpage
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Why is "clearall" going to "_top"? 5 years 9 months ago #58015

• bolero
  • Fresh Lemon
Yeah, this describes the same scenario. I fixed it as shown in my bug report. Btw, thanks for fixing.
I found another quirk (not sure if it is a bug) when working with iframes and using a parameterized EndURL. It seems that the encoding of the EnduRL is not consistent. I typed the URL encoded in, e.g. I used "&" and not a raw "&" as a parameter separator as this is the correct way of doing it (although most modern browsers will do this on-the-fly for you if they notice it's not correct). This worked well when you do not open the EndURL automatically. When I changed to open the EndURL automatically my application suddenly couldn't identify the parameters anymore. Which suggests that the EndURL gets encoded on submission, double-encoded in this case. I didn't check the code, though. I had to change my URL back to using just raw "&" although it would then create incorrect (but usable) links for the EndURL.
I think the encoding should be consistent, either it should get encoded by Limesurvey or not for both cases (presentation as a link or automatic opening of the EndURL). Shall I file a report on this?

Why is "clearall" going to "_top"? 5 years 9 months ago #58017

• bolero
  • Fresh Lemon
It seems there is a bug in the forum software. When I'm not logged in and hit Reply I'm redirected to a page that asks me to log in. That always fails for me (no error shown, it simply returns as it was before). Only when I go directly to www.limesurvey.org/en/forum and use the login fields on top of it I can login.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form