Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

Did I screw this up?

More
6 years 2 months ago #53693 by slefevre
I think this would be good. However, I wonder, does this discussion belong in the LimeSurvey 2.x forum?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #53694 by holch
Well, no, but we are in the development forum anyway.

With next version I meant actually LS 1.91. I think this is something we should fix as soon as we can, because I think it has caused enough heart attacks... ;-)

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
6 years 2 months ago #53695 by slefevre
Well, okay, here are my thoughts. I would change the name of 'deactivate' to 'archive'. That's a little more intuitive IMHO. I would move the button that archives/deactivates the survey out of the main button panel, and bury it somewhere.

What is the purpose of the 'Deactivate' functionality, anyway? In an example user narrative, what is the user using it for?

More
6 years 2 months ago #53696 by holch
Well, you need to be able to stop a survey. This is what I would associate "deactivate" with. The survey is deactivated means to me, that no one can fill in the form. But the rest stays the same. I should also be able to reactivate a deactivated survey. That's how I see it.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form