Can we add no of options for the answers on adding a question.

More
9 months 4 days ago #147218 by siddhantwankar
siddhantwankar created the topic: Can we add no of options for the answers on adding a question.
Hi,

When we are adding a question like multiple choice, array type or list drop-down type question we need to add no of options at the time of adding answer for that question. So my question is, can we specify a no of options to add at the time of defining a question so that at the answer page we don’t need to add the option one after another.

Thanks & Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 4 days ago #147222 by Joffm
Joffm replied the topic: Can we add no of options for the answers on adding a question.
Hi, siddhantwankar,
as I understand you want to say (let's say in a multiple question) "This question has 8 subquestions" when creating the question.
And then you see eight boxes to add the texts of the subquestions.
Correct?

Well, I do not see any advantage of it.
You have to type the text as well.
So if you enter these texts in "Edit subquestions" with "Quick add" you just type your 8 subquestion texts.
And if the same texts appear several times just save it as label set and use it.

If I am wrong, please, explain a bit better.

Best regards
Joffm

More
9 months 3 days ago #147270 by siddhantwankar
siddhantwankar replied the topic: Can we add no of options for the answers on adding a question.
Hi Joffm,
Yes, you reach what i want to ask. I am OK with your suggestion. It doesn’t make any sense to have add no options.

But, That is my client requirnment. He wanted to add a no of options to be added at the time of creating a question. If is going to add option answer then he will already have the no of option to add answers in that "Edit Question".

So is that better to work with a code? Please, Suggest me.

Thanks & Regards
Siddhant Wankar

More
9 months 3 days ago #147290 by Joffm
Joffm replied the topic: Can we add no of options for the answers on adding a question.
Hi, siddhantwankar,
well, your client wants to create the survey, enter questions and answer options.
So he knows the software; and he knows that this feature isn't there (at the moment).

<joke ON>Maybe next time he has the requirement that Microsoft Word is able to extinguish the fire in the office when clicking "Del-F".</joke OFF>

Bet regards
Joffm

More
9 months 3 days ago #147301 by siddhantwankar
siddhantwankar replied the topic: Can we add no of options for the answers on adding a question.
Nice joke, Joffm

But good thing is that he is Ok with "Quick add" option. Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards
Siddhant Wankar

More
9 months 3 days ago #147304 by LouisGac
LouisGac replied the topic: Can we add no of options for the answers on adding a question.
There is still a huge difference between 'quick add' and 'no of options': inheritance.
If you change some options/answers in a 'no of options', they are changed for all the questions at the same time.
With quick add, you must change them one by one...

In further version of LimeSurvey, we should have a system like that (If I remember well, Holch call it a "question loop").

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now