can i idd option answer in same page

More
9 months 1 week ago #146883 by abdullah_abood
abdullah_abood created the topic: can i idd option answer in same page
can i idd option answer in same page ( like drop down option in same page ) on change question type show answer question

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #146893 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: can i idd option answer in same page
Can you explain differently ? I didn't understand .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
9 months 1 week ago #146898 by abdullah_abood
abdullah_abood replied the topic: can i idd option answer in same page
i mean whan add question type ( ex. drop down ) i need to show answer option in same page
see image :

Attachments:

More
9 months 1 week ago #146965 by DenisChenu

abdullah_abood wrote: i mean whan add question type ( ex. drop down ) i need to show answer option in same page

OK,

For admin user , then : not currently in LimeSurvey core. Seems to be a good idea, we accept feature request and pull request.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
9 months 1 week ago #146973 by LouisGac
LouisGac replied the topic: can i idd option answer in same page
I've been asked to do that for LS3 indeed...

More
9 months 1 week ago #147029 by holch
holch replied the topic: can i idd option answer in same page
This is one of the suggestions that were made recently through the mockups. Good to hear that you are on that. Will make creating and editing questions so much quicker.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
9 months 1 week ago #147030 by DenisChenu
Much quicker : i'm unsure ...

Example : 10 language + array text with 10 column and lines ...
Update question text are really less speed than actually ...

Have an ajax update system : OK, but load all : text + answer + sub-question + settings (called in ajax, less issue)....
And save WHOLE in one submit .....

More
9 months 1 week ago #147087 by holch
Well, you don't need to have all 10 languages there. The base language is enough.

I would guess that in 90% of all surveys there is only one language anyway.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.

More
9 months 1 week ago #147090 by DenisChenu
And then : no user can work with 10 language ?

I think we must add 'ajax load and submit' before adding more in question edit.

A lot of user's alreayd have max_input_vars in answer edit issue in answers even with one language.

More
9 months 1 week ago #147094 by holch
Well, it needs to be thought through. But when I look at the workflow that I usually see for survey creation is that there will be created a base survey in one language. When everything is tested and works fine, the additional languages are added. Maybe this is just my point of view, but I think it is uncommon that someone will hack all 10 languages into the system at once. The translation can then be done in the quick translation tool.

More
9 months 5 days ago #147167 by DenisChenu
It's your workflow .
And Quick translation tool is broken , just use 100 question with 10 answers : broken due to memory issue.
Quick translation MUST use ajax and only ajax.

More
9 months 4 days ago #147217 by holch
Yes, of course it is possible that others do it totally different. But to be honest, I have seen a few workflows and they are very similar. I haven't seen one yet that would create various languages in parallel. But anyway...

More
9 months 4 days ago #147233 by LouisGac
LouisGac replied the topic: can i idd option answer in same page
Indeed, the translation question is the main problem to bring back the subquestions/answers in the question editing.
Carsten, like holch, thinks that only one language should be available in question editing. But, like denis explained it, the quick translation tool is not reliable enough.

A quick solution would to keep multiple language in question edition, and to put the subqestions/answers in the bottom of it. Else, I'll have first to rewrite the quick translation tool (I didn't read that code yet, but I bet it's possible to rewrite it from scratch in few days).

More
9 months 4 days ago - 9 months 4 days ago #147243 by DenisChenu
Or edit language by language all in ajax :)

Edit : but : issue with quick add .... grr ....

Last Edit: 9 months 4 days ago by DenisChenu.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now