the method of random assignment

More
9 months 1 week ago #146779 by RitaShen
RitaShen created the topic: the method of random assignment
Hi there, I have a question about the survey type- Randomly Ask A Specific Number Of Questions In A Group,What is the method of random assignment?

If I sent out the 1000 invitations to do the survey, and the survey randomly ask a 1 out of 4 question in a group.
1. When is the question will be random assign to who has to answer 1 out of 4 question? when I sent the invitation? or as when the respondent entering the survey that the system will assign he/she to answer 1 out of 4 question?
2. How does the system randomly assign questions to 1,000 respondents?
Each question was assigned 250 quota or is the system randomly assigned (not necessarily just 250 respondents)
3. What is the method of random assignment? probability sampling? quota sampling? Or the others?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago - 9 months 5 days ago #147088 by holch
holch replied the topic: the method of random assignment
As far as I know, Limesurvey does not have a built in random asignment system for questions. You can randomize questions, but they will be all shown, just in a random order.

If you want to show randomly a subset of questions, you need to create this randomization on your own via Expression Manager and the respective equations.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
Last Edit: 9 months 5 days ago by holch.

More
9 months 5 days ago #147091 by Joffm
Joffm replied the topic: the method of random assignment
Hi, Rita,
if you do the randomization by EM, like {rand(1,4)}, you will get a more or less equal distribution of 250 respondents for each question.
With 95% probability the values will be between 223 and 278 after 1000 respondents.
The random number is calculated each time when passing the equation question.

To do the randomization in advance you could assign a token attribute (1 to 4) to each respondent.

In the survey you could use quotas not to overquote one of the 4 questions.

Best regards
Joffm

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now