Problems in running the survey: restarts in the end

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146316 by halloground
halloground created the topic: Problems in running the survey: restarts in the end
HI
i have this problem. I use limesurvey to register data collected on paper. I already done it with an other survey so I have put the permission on using the same IP address for the same survey.
But now when i finish to enter all the data and i click the "send" button, the web page refreshes and the survey starts from the beginning.
I tried with other devices such as my tablet but it gives the same problem.
Soooo annoying.

what can I do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146322 by fvanderstarre
fvanderstarre replied the topic: Problems in running the survey: restarts in the end
Maybe you put the survey url in the End-url field and set up the survey to automatically go there after completing it? Can't think of anything else...
The following user(s) said Thank You: halloground

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146324 by halloground
halloground replied the topic: Problems in running the survey: restarts in the end
thanks for your response

sadly it's not anything like that because i've not touched that settings... there is nothing like automatic URL at the end of the survey or anything similar. I don't know. maybe it's a momentaneous bug, I really hope so.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146326 by fvanderstarre
fvanderstarre replied the topic: Problems in running the survey: restarts in the end
Can you post a lss export of your survey? Is it token based?

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146327 by halloground
halloground replied the topic: Problems in running the survey: restarts in the end
Of course you will find in the attachment

it's not token based because i use it with my 2-3 collegues to register data online from paper questionnaires. So actually the participants are me and my collegues.

Version is 2.06+
and Build 160129
Attachments:

More
9 months 4 weeks ago - 9 months 4 weeks ago #146328 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Problems in running the survey: restarts in the end

halloground wrote: so I have put the permission on using the same IP address for the same survey.

What setting is that in Limesurvey? I'm not aware of a IP blocking feature in LimeSurvey. Multiusage is prevented via cookies not IP-based.

halloground wrote: But now when i finish to enter all the data and i click the "send" button, the web page refreshes and the survey starts from the beginning.

Which format is used? Question by question, Group mode or All in one?
I am not sure why this is annoying, You didn't mentioned if the entered data is saved or not?

I don't think we can help without a exported survey or a demolink.
Last Edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by jelo.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146331 by fvanderstarre
I changed display mode to group-by-group (as opposed to all-in-one). This will fix your issue I think...
Cheers, Frank

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146333 by halloground
Ok sorry I'm new to this community and also my english it's not so good :)

1) this is annoying because yes, the BIG PROBLEM is that in the end the entered data is not saved. Sorry I took for granted this big part.

2) I think I referred to that setting which allows multiusage with cookies - i was confused with IP saving settings

3) format used is ALL IN ONE: i need to use it in order to use the Offline Survey App which I use when i use my tablet. Is it maybe a problem?

I don't think we can help with a the exported survey or a demolink.

sorry i didn't understand this one

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146337 by fvanderstarre
It may well be you are using too many array texts questions - this will result in a database error when trying to store data, which you may not be aware of (I have been there myself....).

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146339 by fvanderstarre

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146342 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Problems in running the survey: restarts in the end

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
The following user(s) said Thank You: halloground

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #146353 by halloground
ok I think that's the point. thank you very much!

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now