Humongous sessions

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #146197 by bruce78
bruce78 replied the topic: Humongous sessions

DenisChenu wrote: Not really more speed, maybe the gap is not big due to session contruction and not session save/load system.

PS : looking at memcache log : save /load are really speed, but no real HTML construction improvment.

Do you think memcache made an improvement in load times/session speed once you loaded a large survey on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th times etc?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #146201 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Humongous sessions
Hi,

Tested :
- newtest/Y on a long survey : still between 5 and 6 seconds for memcache an file (on MY server with MY config: i really think all server/config can be different)
- with this survey : click next/previous : less than 1 second for each : memcache seems slowest by 0.1/0.2 seconds , but can be something else at samùe time , my server do others thing ;)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #146202 by bruce78
Got you... I'm testing out SSDs and I'll add in memcache too...

More
11 months 1 week ago #146720 by bruce78
Ok, so I've now changed sever and have got an ssd drive instead of a hdd and as a result everything is much faster... I've also got nginx infront of apache which probably helps... Anyway, lots more ideas to explore in the future but I think the ssd is the big difference here...

Thanks for your help and best wishes for 2017!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!