"Qcode" database view

More
1 year 2 months ago #140098 by hvgard
hvgard created the topic: "Qcode" database view
Hi,

For our projects we most often Connect a BI tool to read and analyse results directly from the (MySQL) database.

The datanames are however like 12345X678X999 etc instead of the QCODE values on gets when XLS is saved.

Does any one have a know a "view" generator or module of script that provides a QCODE view?

Thanks,

Harold

Harold van Garderen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #144355 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: "Qcode" database view
For a customer I have implemented a new feature to create such a special VIEW using QCODES instead of the cryptic column headings. The VIEW gets created at survey activation and gets removed when deactivating the survey.

Which Limesurvey version do you need this for?

BTW, they are using the exact same approach of connecting a BI to these more readable VIEW tables.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
11 months 3 days ago #144492 by hvgard
hvgard replied the topic: "Qcode" database view
Hi Marcel, sorry for responding late, but for some reason I don't get messages when people react.

THANKS for letting me know. I'm very interested in that. We currently make "SQL views" using an alias script and that works, but "automagic" out of the box would be even better. It seems almost logical to create such a view for BI / connect purposes. And it even sounds more logical to have one view for the single/list responses and one (reshaped) for multi-select and/or rating data.

By coincidence our CTO is visiting us soon (friday this week to wednesday next week). Any change to call or zoom or skype?

Thanks, Harold

Harold van Garderen

More
11 months 3 days ago #144496 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: "Qcode" database view
Hi Harold,

Skype should be doable during these days. Please ping me by email (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) and let me know which date/time suits you best.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now