Making changes to flat_and_modern.css

More
1 year 4 months ago #139734 by HeiN3r
HeiN3r created the topic: Making changes to flat_and_modern.css
Dear all,

I just updated my Limesurvey to 2.5 and decided to build a new design template from scratch. So I copied the default design and started to make changes to the .pstls and css-files. I found out that I cannot save the flat_and_modern.css file after some changes to the file. I get an error 500 with no further information. Increasing the debug level had no effect. I had no problem saving the other files (including template.css).

As a workaround I changed the file locally and then uploaded it to the server. Then I experienced the next strange thing: I am able to see the changes in the template editor, but they are gone when I open up a survey and inspect the css with firebug. There I see a completely unchanged flat_and_modern.css. It seems like the template editor shows my one file (the changed one), while the survey soemhow sticks to the old untouched one.

Any suggestions are welcome. I am stuck for the moment.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #139741 by HeiN3r
HeiN3r replied the topic: Making changes to flat_and_modern.css
After another hour of fiddling around with this issue I can say that the second problem is one of speed. It just takes like 30 minutes or so until the survey uses the updated css (while in the template editor I see it as soon as I uploaded it to the server). Any ideas on how to decrease that lag?

More
1 year 4 months ago #139750 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Making changes to flat_and_modern.css
Hi,

For the 500 error : use mode debug : manual.limesurvey.org/Debug_mode
For the other error : set debug to 1 for update manually.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
The following user(s) said Thank You: HeiN3r

More
1 year 4 months ago #139766 by HeiN3r
HeiN3r replied the topic: Making changes to flat_and_modern.css
Setting the debug to 2 lets me see the uploaded changes in the CSS files immediately. Thank you!
However, could you explain to me why changing the debug level has this effect?

Regarding the 500 server error: debug 1 (or 2 for that matter) doesn't do anything. Firebug tells me in the console "resource not found".

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!