Custom Report Issues

More
1 year 2 months ago #139665 by braddmagyar
braddmagyar created the topic: Custom Report Issues
Hi! I'm trying to create a raw sql report (not within the limesurvey app, but pulling from the database directly) for a specific business purpose for some of our employees to view, and I am having the hardest time simply joining the question text onto the actual question column names in the surveys. Basically, I mean I would like for the actual question label to show up on the report instead of the 123X45X678910 format. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? The fact that the column names are dynamically generate by limesurvey (and even those don't follow a perfectly consistent format... since there are some that have "other" or "comment" concatenated onto them) is what's making this tricky.

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #139683 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Custom Report Issues
LimeSurvey code can be studied the n .... look at the code .

Else , we don't have a clean way : we use github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...mon_helper.php#L1769

But in your case : why not use API ? You can load a json with all responses and do your trick.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
1 year 2 months ago #139881 by braddmagyar
braddmagyar replied the topic: Custom Report Issues
Yeah, I had looked into that before, the difficult part was adding custom filtering to it, but I ended up getting that to work, I just had to add an additional "andWhere" Yii function and then pass my filters through the whole chain.

I'm sure there was probably a better way, but this ended up working alright, so thank you :)

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now