Version of bootstrap used and how to access a lable via CSS

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #135304 by holch
holch created the topic: Version of bootstrap used and how to access a lable via CSS
Hi!

I am trying to help this user here who wants to hide the language picker for the Admin login page.

I think I was quite good at coding HTML and CSS some years ago, but seems like I have lost quite a few things.

I am not sure why a relatively simple page like the login page is so full of different elements and so complicated, but I guess this has to do with bootstrap?

I had a hard time to find my way around, but finally did and managed to hide the actual drop down via display:none and the respective ID.

However, the label "language" has no unique hook (id, unique class) so I can't really hide it via CSS. I am not sure if I can use the "for" somehow.

So the question is: How to hide the label without an id or unique class and for me to get back into the coding: which version of bootstrap does LS use, so I can read a little bit about it?

Seeing that the simple login page has become so complex, I don't even want to know how the normal admin pages will look like for styling...

Maybe @LouisGac can shed some light here?

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by holch.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #135311 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Version of bootstrap used and how to access a lable via CSS

holch wrote: the label "language" has no unique hook (id, unique class)

... but get attribute ("for") & value ("loginlang") that you can perfectly use as selector
label[for="loginlang"] { display:none }

See: :http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_attribute_value.asp

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch

More
1 year 5 months ago #135339 by holch
holch replied the topic: Version of bootstrap used and how to access a lable via CSS
Great! Thank you Ben.

I was hoping that with the "for" part I could do something, but I didn't know that it could be used as a selector.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #135366 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Version of bootstrap used and how to access a lable via CSS
Other CSS trick (if no attribute): CSS3 :nth-child() Selector
label:nth-child(4) { display:none }
;)

=> http://www.marevueweb.com/css-html/liste-nth-child-propriete/

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Ben_V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch

More
1 year 5 months ago #135368 by holch
holch replied the topic: Version of bootstrap used and how to access a lable via CSS
I see there have been a few changes since I was really deep into CSS. Need to get up to date...

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now