Obtaining responses through API

More
2 years 1 month ago #125936 by TaiSHi
TaiSHi created the topic: Obtaining responses through API
Hi,

Is there a way to obtain a json list from all responses through API? I've been struggling with it with no success.
export_respones only returns a subset of values (id, lastpage, startlanguage, submitdate) but no actual responses from the survey.

Thanks in advance,
J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #125953 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Obtaining responses through API

TaiSHi wrote: Hi,

Is there a way to obtain a json list from all responses through API? I've been struggling with it with no success.
export_respones only returns a subset of values (id, lastpage, startlanguage, submitdate) but no actual responses from the survey.

Thanks in advance,
J

Strange,

Last time i tested and use it, export whole responses DB and column ?

You use the last build for API ?

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #125968 by TaiSHi
TaiSHi replied the topic: Obtaining responses through API
Ok, forum borked me twice, I'm pasting half of my old message as it seems to crash with certain characters...
Gah, forum gave a 502 and my response got deleted!
As I was saying, I'm on Version 2.06+ Build 150731, updated through app. Using my own fork/implementation of a python glue (you can get it here ), so I might be missing something
I'm attaching 2 responses, one for a single key (so it's easier to read) and a full response after.

/cheers
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by TaiSHi.

More
2 years 4 weeks ago #126038 by DenisChenu
I do a quick test , code is $lsJSONRPCClient->export_responses( $sessionKey,$iSurveyId,'json');

I get all responses : www.gsill.net/brouillon/rcLS/

With the last GIT version. Can you test with a version upper to your actual version ?

Looking at git history, unsure we have a fix actually but .... github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commits...tecontrol_handle.php

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
2 years 4 weeks ago - 2 years 4 weeks ago #126039 by DenisChenu
OK !

Can reproduce the issue :
$lsJSONRPCClient->export_responses( $sessionKey,$iSurveyId,'json'); : return reponses line
$lsJSONRPCClient->export_responses( $sessionKey,$iSurveyId,'json','complete' ); : return only some answers part

Can you report the bug please ?

Last Edit: 2 years 4 weeks ago by DenisChenu.

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #126073 by TaiSHi
Done! Thanks for reproducing!

bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=9919

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #126074 by TaiSHi
I can confirm that passing only session/surveyID/json exports responses as expected, adding further parameters borks

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now