Limesurvey 3.X - Learnings from older Versions

More
2 years 3 months ago #124396 by jelo
jelo created the topic: Limesurvey 3.X - Learnings from older Versions
I wonder what limits and restrictions of LS 2.X will be addressed with LS 3.X?

Answercodes - restricted to five characters

Surveys cannot be paused

quotas - Token Attributes are not directly supported (as are some question types)

Panel integration variables - Can only be assigned to text variables, not numbers

EM Validation not available for other fields

Feel free to add restrictions you want to see removed in a new version.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #124414 by tammo
tammo replied the topic: Limesurvey 3.X - Learnings from older Versions
I would very much like to be able to add classes (for better styling and addede functionality) to surveys, groups, questions and subquestions.

Tammo ter Hark at Tools for Research
Proud developers of the TFR Responsive Limesurvey template
toolsforresearch.com/limesurvey-responsive-template

More
2 years 3 months ago #124430 by holch
holch replied the topic: Limesurvey 3.X - Learnings from older Versions
-Include real screenouts, not just zero quotas. E.g. I can decide when screening happens.
-allow the closure of a survey with a specific amount of respondents (at the moment only possible via a question with only one response. Sometimes, especially with panels you need to stop the survey when you reached the required responses, otherwise people will respond and you have to pay. We can't monitor the surveys 24/7.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
2 years 3 months ago #124555 by orvil
orvil replied the topic: Limesurvey 3.X - Learnings from older Versions
Good idea!

Some first inputs:

- additional field: an additional field in every question for javascript and/or EM code (so that I do not have to switch between html/source mode and unintendet deleting of code is prevented)
- additional field: an additional field in every question for internal notes on behalf of this question (good to remember details on the long run :)
- html-editor: using functions like copy/paste, limeSurvey replacements, find, replace and some mere even when the html-editor ist set to source-mode
- EM: the option to use EM in almost ALL fields (e.g. default answers, advanced settings)
- EM: the option to add own EM functions update-save and to share them with the community

sincerely
Orvil

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
O. Villani

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!