how to do Filename validation when uploading a file?

More
2 years 2 months ago #123901 by claudiotreme
claudiotreme created the topic: how to do Filename validation when uploading a file?
Good morning,
In my university they run the server in linux, so it wont receive any files containing "^, ~, ´, ç," on the filename.
But when i put a file containing this especial characters, it shows that "the file has been sent ", But the server wont receive it because of these characters.
So i'm trying to do a script that check for these characteres in the filename when they try to upload it,
And show a error on the screen.
But i can't find how to do it properly. I'm trying to find the name of the file so i can try to do something ( i'm new at coding )

My test survey:
jano.unifei.edu.br/prppg/questionarios/i...hp/827624/lang-pt-BR

In the attachments there are 3 prints that show somethings that i found when i was specting elements, but i dont know how to use these informations.
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #123908 by holch
holch replied the topic: how to do Filename validation when uploading a file?
You are aware that Limesurvey is renaming all files anyway, right? So I guess your problem is actually no problem. Did you try it?

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
2 years 1 month ago #124088 by claudiotreme
claudiotreme replied the topic: how to do Filename validation when uploading a file?
the file system wont receive the file,
when you put correct filenames ->

and i receive the file correctly,
but when you put a file with especial characters ->

i dont receive any file.
Attachments:

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #125668 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: how to do Filename validation when uploading a file?
Your server don't use UTF8 ?

---
After a quick test :
- Your server don't use UTF8 : then iframe window is not in UTF8 : (Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1), then browser wait and send iso-8859-1
- Set AddDefaultCharset utf-8 somewhere at the server.

Now : question :
- Did you use last build number of LimeSurvey ? If yes : you can report a bug.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by DenisChenu.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now