Progress Bar – Should only increase if a section is complete

More
2 years 5 months ago #121335 by garvsaxena
garvsaxena created the topic: Progress Bar – Should only increase if a section is complete
I want that Progress Bar – Should only increase if a section is complete. Is it possible to achieve this in limesurvey?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #121340 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Progress Bar – Should only increase if a section is complete
What do you call a section?
The progressbar is a bit limited.
A way do modify the progress bar is to set the bar by hand with a code in questiongroup descriptions.
E.g.
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
$("#progressbar").progressbar({
value: 100
});
</script>

I haven't found a way to get the position inside the survey via a variable.
Would be nice to have position of question and amount of question answered of the actual interview.

Please add you ideas round about progressbar here:
www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/future-featu...rogress-bar-settings

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #121350 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Progress Bar – Should only increase if a section is complete
In the same idea look at this previous post

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Ben_V.

More
2 years 5 months ago #121395 by garvsaxena
garvsaxena replied the topic: Progress Bar – Should only increase if a section is complete
Hey, I need to know that which file is responsible for inserting the survey responces into the database. Basically I need to insert these responses into one more table which I have created.. So please help me out and suggest me that how can I achieve this type of thing in limesurvey.

More
2 years 5 months ago #121400 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Progress Bar – Should only increase if a section is complete

Benoît

More
2 years 5 months ago #121434 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Progress Bar – Should only increase if a section is complete

garvsaxena wrote: Hey, I need to know that which file is responsible for inserting the survey responces into the database.

You don't motivate other people to help you, when opening a thread and don't follow the discussion. If you post completely different topics in the same thread it won't help either. It demotivates others to help you.

More
2 years 5 months ago #121435 by garvsaxena
garvsaxena replied the topic: Progress Bar – Should only increase if a section is complete
Hey hey..I understand this..That's why I post this new topic in a new head. So please ignore this.

More
2 years 5 months ago #121516 by garvsaxena
Hey everyone!

Can it be possible to have amount of question answered of the actual interview.

More
2 years 5 months ago #121524 by jelo
There seems to be no variable for this. This thread is open since 2,5 years but no solution was found till today.
www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/future-featu...rogress-bar-settings

There seems to be no user which used e.g. linked surveys with Limesurvey.

More
2 years 5 months ago #121525 by garvsaxena
Hm, But I have an idea for that, As if we can able to store the answered question ids into a separate table and then after calculate the TOTAL ANSWERED QUESTIONS.
Formula we applied: TOTAL ANSWERED QUESTIONS / TOTAL QUESTIONS IN SURVEY

But for this please suggest me the script where the insertion query is present for the Inserting of Users responses..

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #121555 by Ben_V
Hi,
I've posted a EM based solution to access the survey progress information using an equation or text display question type. End of the good news because I'm unable to modify the LS progress bar standard behavior.

Benoît

Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Ben_V.

More
2 years 5 months ago #121556 by garvsaxena
Hey!
:woohoo:
Gr8, Actually I am nearby to the solution, Once its worked I have uploaded the code on the forum.!!! Cheers!

More
2 years 5 months ago #121572 by jelo

Ben_V wrote: I'm unable to modify the LS progress bar standard behavior.

Via Javascript/Jquery:

Read current value:
var valueprogress = $("#progressbar").progressbar("option","value");

Set value:
$("#progressbar").progressbar({
value: valueprogressnew
});

More
2 years 5 months ago #121576 by Ben_V
The problem is -as far as i know and have tried- that it's not possible (the most of the time) to reuse the result of on equation type question into a javascript code...
var progress = "{EQUATION}"; won't work...

Benoît

More
2 years 5 months ago #121577 by jelo
Not sure about that. The situation with documentation is a bit fuzzy.

I needed a system to modify progressbar in a way that I can link different webapps between two limesurveys.
I was happy to modify the start and end values of the progressbar. But in the feature request I would like to see a dedicated settingspage for the progressbar with a few features (e.g. change position of progressbar with a click (top/bottom). Templates should offering a top and a bottom position without modifying the template. But that is not the scope of this thread.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!