Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to make text left aligned

• cjbooth
  • cjbooth's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #117910 by cjbooth
How to make text left aligned was created by cjbooth
Please help!

I am trying to put and information sheet onto Limesurvey. I have written this as a welcome message and tried to make it left aligned... but when I and others view the survey it is centre aligned, which is very difficult to read and looks unprofessional.

Please does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Charlotte
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 1 month ago #117913 by holch
Replied by holch on topic How to make text left aligned
This depends very much on the template that you are using and you would need to change this in your template via CSS.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
9 years 1 month ago #118277 by AllanMarcus
Replied by AllanMarcus on topic How to make text left aligned
I too would like left aligned text. I'm using the out of the box template. It seems that if I right align the text, it goes right. If I left align the text, it centers. This seems to be a bug int he default CSS. If the sure wants the text centers, the WYSIWYG editor allows the user to center the text.

I'm new to Lime Survey and not a big CSS person. What do I nee to change to make the default text left aligned for text descriptions blocks? If I make this change, will it survive an upgrade, or do I have to change CSS after each upgrade?
  • holch
More
9 years 1 month ago #118278 by holch
Which of the out of the box templates (Limesurvey comes with various, so it would be necessary to have the name).

You would have to have a look into the template files or the html source code to understand which is the relevant marker for the part you want to change and then search were how this text is referenced in CSS.

What do you mean with "text description blocks"?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #118279 by AllanMarcus
Replied by AllanMarcus on topic How to make text left aligned
Ok, damn, Lime Survey has SO MANY OPTIONS! I love it! :-)

I was using a template called "default". not sure if our IT folks made that one or not. I switched to Sherpa, and all is good.

The "text description blocks" are the blocks of text Lime Survey labels "description" in the Question Group area.

At any rate, picking a different template solved my issue.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by AllanMarcus.
  • holch
More
9 years 1 month ago #118286 by holch
Default is one of the templates that come with Limesurvey. But as you can adapt the templates, sometimes they have been modified. Best practice is not to change anything at the templates that come with Limesurvey, which is why you can`t change them via the template editor, but need to make a copy.
Good that this is resolved.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose