Help clarifying my understanding of this workaround?

More
3 years 7 months ago #117741 by privetlm
privetlm created the topic: Help clarifying my understanding of this workaround?
Hi guys, this is on the workarounds page. But I don't understand the last line (highlighted & bolded in red) :( . Can anyone explain that a little further please?

Allow Multiple Survey Invitations to the same Email Address to be completed in the Same Browser Session

Tested with:
Problem: When Multiple Surveys Invitations are activated during the same browser session, the second and subsequent survey activation results in a system message stating that the survey has already been completed. A user would have to close the browser and reopen in order to complete the next survey inviation.
Workaround: Edit the Survey Invitation Email (also the reminder) Template. Append "&newtest;=Y" to the {SURVEYURL} line so it looks like this {SURVEYURL}&newtest;=Y
Save the edited templates.
Note: The save of this template edit does not seem to work when using HTML invitations, only text based invitations.

Thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #117745 by holch
holch replied the topic: Help clarifying my understanding of this workaround?
There are two ways how an email can be sent, in HTML format or as plain text. Seems like you can't save this if you are working with HTML format, but only saves correctly as plain text.

Clearer?

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: privetlm

More
3 years 7 months ago #117746 by holch
holch replied the topic: Help clarifying my understanding of this workaround?
However, thinking about it: maybe it means you have to switch off the WYSWYG editor and work in code view.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
3 years 7 months ago #117756 by privetlm
privetlm replied the topic: Help clarifying my understanding of this workaround?
So is this right? see attachment. I'm sorry I am so clueless with this.
If I need to edit it in code I would just hit the source button right?

Attachments:

More
3 years 7 months ago #117762 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Help clarifying my understanding of this workaround?
You can use the @@SURVEYURL@@ placeholder to get the raw survey URL (not the full link).

So, click the "Source" button and replace this:
{SURVEYURL}

With this:
<a href="@@SURVEYURL@@/newtest/Y">@@SURVEYURL@@/newtest/Y"</a>

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: privetlm

More
3 years 7 months ago #117782 by privetlm
privetlm replied the topic: Help clarifying my understanding of this workaround?
Thank you so much! :)

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!