Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Capturing data on respondent locations

• srhawthorn
  • srhawthorn's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #115509 by srhawthorn
Capturing data on respondent locations was created by srhawthorn
Newbie question....so be gentle with me...I have looked in the manual but couldn't find an answer.

I am publishing a survey. I am planning to use Lime hosting to do this.

I have two potential groups. Group 1 will access from a charity Facebook page. Group 2 will be sent a url link. The group 1 charity respondents will 'earn' a small donation amount for each completed survey. So I need to know which surveys were completed by respondents from the charity Facebook page.

Is there a way to capture the number of respondents from the Facebook page. The options I can think of are 1) ask them as part of the survey, 2) capture the IP address... neither of which are fool proof, I think.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Cheers
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 4 months ago #115513 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Capturing data on respondent locations
Limesurvey can store the referrer, so this should show up in the Limesurvey results (if activated), but this is not 100% guaranteed. The referrer is not always transmitted.

I see about 3 solutions:

You could add something to the url that links to the survey (different codes for the two sources - see panel integration -http://manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Panel_integration_.28URL_parameters.29). Then you could write this code into a equation question type and store it in the database for future reference and analysis.

Or you could actually create two identical surveys and join results later in the tool you use for analysis.

Or you use 2 tokens, for each source one and allow it to be used several times (uses left).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose