Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Looking for old JS code to hide question in LS 1.82

More
9 years 4 months ago #113592 by che
I have a colleague using an old version of LS (1.82) and I'm having trouble finding the old JS code for hiding a question. I recall that was the method, but if there's another way we're open to that too. Can someone please point me to that info? Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 4 months ago #113593 by holch
Sorry, no direct help, but I would seriously recommend that your colleague sets up a installation with the newest Limesurvey build (2.05 141003). It is really worth it and setup is really quick (did a installation yesterday in about 5 minutes including creating the database and database user via Cpanel).

Because one thing is functionality, but then your colleague should really also think about security. There are no security updates to these old installation. I would highly recommend to make a move to the newest version of Limesurvey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
9 years 4 months ago #113595 by che
Not an option. It's a university installation and its use is required for the project. Thanks though
  • holch
More
9 years 4 months ago #113596 by holch
well, I assumed something like this already.

I just don't get why universities are not doing they upgrades. It is not that every 2 weeks there is a new version. I can see that there might be some logistics behind it, but you can always run two installations in parallel and then move everyone to the new one, when possible. But this is another problem.

The problem is that the forum is getting emptied from time to time, so the old solutions are not here anymore. And I guess no one of the JS experts will have a 1.8x installation to make tests.

It is very difficult for an open source project to give support for such an old installation. For something like 1.9x it might be easier.

But maybe you are lucky to find someone who can help. Fingers crossed.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
9 years 4 months ago #113598 by che
I completely agree with you and was very surprised they were running such an old version. We're running 2.00+ for our own organization. I understand it's a long shot, but we would appreciate it if anyone can help. We don't mind doing the testing on our own. Thanks!
  • tpartner
More
9 years 4 months ago #113602 by tpartner
The JS to hide a question in 1.82 should be the same as in current versions except there is no way to automatically insert the question ID . So, this should work if you replace "12345" with the question ID .
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">  
  $(document).ready(function() {

$('#question12345').hide();

});
</script>

Or, you could do it in template.css:
Code:
#question12345 {
  display: none;
}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: che
More
9 years 4 months ago #113716 by che
Thanks much, Tpartner.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose