Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: Help with Exclusive Option

Help with Exclusive Option 2 years 6 months ago #109442

• rduraoc
  • Fresh Lemon
HI all,

New user to the forum, but I've been using Limesurvey for some time now. I'm having an issue with the "Exclusive option" in multiple choice questions: the other options are not excluded if I check the exclusive one. I know this might be a bug, but maybe I'm just missing something. More data:

- The other options are not excluded automatically when I am answering, but if I continue to the next question and then come back, all other options disappear, and only the exclusive is shown;
- I have used "Exclusive option" before with success - but in previous versions of Limesurvey
- I am using version 2.05+ - and this might be were the problem is
- I am using a Mac, and tested with Chrome (Version 35.0.1916.114) and Safari (Version 6.1.4 (7537.76.4)). In Windows the result is the same.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with Exclusive Option 2 years 6 months ago #109476

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1477
Have you tested with a shipped template?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Help with Exclusive Option 2 years 6 months ago #109504

• rduraoc
  • Fresh Lemon
I have made some changes to the template, but it is the same I used in previous surveys - and then it worked perfectly. That is why I am thinking this might be a 2.05+ bug...

Help with Exclusive Option 2 years 6 months ago #109506

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1477
but it is the same I used in previous surveys - and then it worked perfectly
2.05 uses newer versions of jQuery and jQuery UI which may not be compatible with JavaScript written for 2.0 (some functions/methods have been deprecated or changed). I would look for JavaScript errors in your template.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Help with Exclusive Option 2 years 6 months ago #109507

• rduraoc
  • Fresh Lemon
The changes I made to the template were only graphic - add a logo, change some colors - but I've just tried with a default template and it is working now. Thanks!
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form